Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got my VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Sounds like you don't have too long to wait. P85D I assume?

No, the standard 85D. Took me 2+ years to save up for it (and still need to get a small loan) but the 2002 Nissan Maxima that is is replacing wasn't going to last much longer.

85D
Red Multi-Coat
Body Color Roof
Standard 19” Wheels
Tan Leather Seats
Piano Black Decor
Black Headliner
Tech Package with Autopilot
Air Suspension
High Fidelity Sound

No, the standard 85D. Took me 2+ years to save up for it (and still need to get a small loan)

Congrats on getting the VIN. Just got mine a couple of days ago. My Tesla says May delivery. The DS says early May.

I am slapping myself after reading your post. I ordered the standard 85 thinking only the P85D had AWD. Oh well, at least I'll have more room in my frunk. :)

And it was nice to see your mention of saving for 2 years. I'm in the same boat, though have been saving a whole lot longer. Before I saw your post I was thinking I was the only one who had to save up.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the VIN. Just got mine a couple of days ago. My Tesla says May delivery. The DS says early May.

I am slapping myself after reading your post. I ordered the standard 85 thinking only the P85D had AWD. Oh well, at least I'll have more room in my frunk. :)

And it was nice to see your mention of saving for 2 years. I'm in the same boat, though have been saving a whole lot longer. Before I saw your post I was thinking I was the only one who had to save up.

Some of us are still saving :( Congrats on the orders. Not long now till you have a fantastic car! :)

If you think the extra cost for the AWD is worth it, it might be possible to transfer to a new reservation. Of course that will put you back at the end of the line. Heard it can be done though.

Told them to book it yesterday and got my VIN today!! Ends in 83420 with an estimated delivery of "May."

So exciting!!
I have what I think is the VIN showing up on the left side of the My Tesla page. I locked it in early yesterday (the 1st - hope that won't become an omen!) and the confirmation changed to 'entered the production queue' at midnight. My VIN is more than 110 further along than yours...which puts the production at over 40,000 per year, if every day is worked... which fits with what I've read. Cool!

I have what I think is the VIN showing up on the left side of the My Tesla page. I locked it in early yesterday (the 1st - hope that won't become an omen!) and the confirmation changed to 'entered the production queue' at midnight. My VIN is more than 110 further along than yours...which puts the production at over 40,000 per year, if every day is worked... which fits with what I've read. Cool!

Remember that VINs are not assigned in Production order (or is it vice-versa :)). Now, that said, any vin assigned this week is likely to be produced in 2014. But just from VIN assignments, it is hard to extrapolate a production rate. VINs can be assigned weeks or even months in advance of production as well (or so has been the case at times at least).

Remember that VINs are not assigned in Production order (or is it vice-versa :)). Now, that said, any vin assigned this week is likely to be produced in 2014. But just from VIN assignments, it is hard to extrapolate a production rate. VINs can be assigned weeks or even months in advance of production as well (or so has been the case at times at least).
2014? I was hoping for MY 2015! :biggrin::cool: But yeah, I get your point. I suspect when someone creates an order and makes the down payment, the next VIN in the list is assigned... then there's the week of waiting before you reach the point of no return... some bail out before then... the more I write, the more confused I get about it... maybe it's when you save a design but before you put down the first payment... maybe delaying the OK for production sets VIN's out of order. Dunno... but it would probably be an interesting question to ask on a factory tour!

(and it turns out they use the Lotto-ball method and it's all completely random... :rolleyes:)