Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got my VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post on the forums. Order confirmed on April 5, and Vin of 83998. Says it's to be delivered in "May" (Not late or early at this point.)

Question - for those that have taken delivery at the factory, that can only be requested from the DS - correct? I didn't see that as one of my options when confirming. Also - Do we need to call the DS, or do they call us?

First post on the forums. Order confirmed on April 5, and Vin of 83998. Says it's to be delivered in "May" (Not late or early at this point.)

Question - for those that have taken delivery at the factory, that can only be requested from the DS - correct? I didn't see that as one of my options when confirming. Also - Do we need to call the DS, or do they call us?

Did you choose Fremont as your pickup preference? It's the same location as the factory. Or are you asking about getting a factory tour on top of picking up the car? If so, yes, do ask for the factory tour through your DS, although in my case, he just assumed we wanted the factory tour and scheduled us for one anyway. My DS called me 2 weeks before I picked up the car.

Received my VIN a couple of weeks ago. Was told yesterday the estimated delivery date is 13 May.

Any thoughts here on how accurate those estimated delivery dates are? (yeah, I'm hoping they are saying the 13th but it will actually show up on the 1st) :)

They must have a ton of new orders ever since the 70D release because I confirmed my 85D on April 10th and still haven't received my vin. I spoke to my DS who called me to introduce himself and he said my car is expecting to be delivered sometime in early June and my vin will be updated between 4-5 weeks of production. I've been checking MyTesla several times a day for an update. Did they email your vin or was it on the MyTesla Page?

received my VIN in the email this morning, somehow images in the emails showing the the wrong color and no wheel(??), checked in My Tesla account the order seems correct, anyone receiving the similar image in the VIN email?

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg