TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I guess that's one way of getting the word out

Discussion in 'Model S' started by goodbyebmw, Sep 30, 2015.

1. goodbyebmw

goodbyebmw Member

Saw this billboard in SF. Interesting approach; I wonder how much money was paid for this billboard?

20150930_171745 (1).jpg

2. hanl1

hanl1 Member

Nice try OP. We know it's you :wink: Just joking... or am I? :cool:

3. goodbyebmw

goodbyebmw Member

Haha, I promise that isn't me. :tongue:

4. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

a billboard like that runs an average of $15000/month unless is a very low traffic area.

If you think about it is not a bad idea. with $15000 investment you greatly increase your chances of getting a free Model X.

5. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Or maybe he owns the billboard or is in the billboard business and didn't have a rental until Nov.1?

6. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Or maybe not! *shakes head*

While the fellow may have had the best of intentions, he'd better have a *lot* of time on his hands to sift through his voicemail. At best he'd get a GigaFactory tour out of it, since unless the rules have changed, to score a chariot he'd have to get 10 referrals and then *all 10* would have to follow through and confirm by 10/31 *and* he'd have to be the first on the continent to do that. Them odds is slim.

I'm going to guess that this is the last we'll see of the referral program unless it becomes more compelling and with a longer fuse.

7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

I did a Google of whois <domainname>.

Then I searched for the registrant's name and it had been spotted previously and mentioned on a post on pando.