Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I had a perfect delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to go one way or the other, but perhaps your case is the tiny minority? I haven't heard of many people getting their cars months in advance.

My experience with customer service is that if someone has a genuinely good experience, they are usually less likely to tell many people about it. But, if someone has a bad experience they are more likely to tell everyone about it. Multiply that by the second largest and emotional purchasing decision someone can make then divide that fact by high expectations and you have some pretty minor things that can really ruin it for the customer.

However, customers are no angels. I've met someone who intentionally lemoned their WRX because they got tired of the car and rather than sell it and take a loss, they intentionally lemoned.. Made me want to punch them in the face... Then there are the fanboys. Stroll over to a Mac forum and read some complaints about new computers. Some of those people are a tad neurotic about their new machines. Especially when they only keep them until the next upgrade. I'm not saying that people who have had bad experiences have no valid complaints. But statistically they should be in the minority.

My experience with customer service is that if someone has a genuinely good experience, they are usually less likely to tell many people about it. But, if someone has a bad experience they are more likely to tell everyone about it.

I have worked in tech support for over 20 years and there is a saying and statistic about this.

It goes roughly: For every unhappy customer it takes ten happy customers to recover.

I think we're seeing that here. I know my delivery was perfect and extremely quick. I had to do a bit of scrambling when I was told delivery could be done in 2 1/2 weeks instead of the expected 6 to 8 (I was in June when they were trying to hit their numbers and I my car was almost fully loaded for that time). For me that was OK, but I am still working out getting rid of some of my "toys" I promised my wife I would sell if I got the car.