Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I hate people that park in EV spaces!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm making this because there has been a lot more ICE or EV not charging cases these days. Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment below, so that I can perfect this. Thanks!

View attachment 84803

Download it here:
(ICE Sign v2.0.zip)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9emHQBd5COmb2NUY0pjUnRKd0k/view?usp=sharing

lx3h, do u read Chinese? Some thoughts on your warning signs FYC:

Upper left: 我需要這充電位,卻用不上。如非充電,請勿佔用充電位!
Lower left: 這不只是泊車位,亦是充電位。如非充電,請勿佔用充電位!
Upper right: 請為他人設想。如非充電,請勿佔用充電位!
Lower right: 己所不欲,勿施於人。如非充電,請勿佔用充電位!

If you think 佔用 is not strong enough, you may use 霸佔 instead.

lx3h, do u read Chinese? Some thoughts on your warning signs FYC:

Upper left: 我需要這充電位,卻用不上。如非充電,請勿佔用充電位!
Lower left: 這不只是泊車位,亦是充電位。如非充電,請勿佔用充電位!
Upper right: 請為他人設想。如非充電,請勿佔用充電位!
Lower right: 己所不欲,勿施於人。如非充電,請勿佔用充電位!

If you think 佔用 is not strong enough, you may use 霸佔 instead.

Many thanks Linus, I have retained most of your wordings!

Capture.PNG

Download it here: ICE Sign v2 with Chinese.zip
https://goo.gl/6QsVrW

2015-07-03 12.19.40.jpg
2015-07-03 12.19.45.jpg

Not charging Model S on B6 @Time Square. Use of printables for the first time with success! Also reported to car park management afterwards.... after 3 hours, I found the following on the floor,

2015-07-03 14.47.01.jpg
2015-07-03 14.49.24.jpg

The Model S left without placing the cone back, so I helped him. Must be pissed and shamed. But I confirmed that it wasn't clamped because the manager said he didn't unclamp. So the paper was all there was.

The not-charging and ICE are still serious at Time Square, except my white Model S below, the rest are not charging, and Time Square allowed this to happen as the manager said, no wonder some think that even the coned ones are ok to use even if they don't charge.

2015-07-03 14.48.43.jpg

We need to ask legislator to pass a bill like in the US, ICE an EV charging station will get fined. WA, $124 USD, CA $200 USD and allow private operators to wheel lock those cars legally and fine them something like $1,500 HKD. Most people in general, very selfish. Fining them is the only way. And for EV that is not charging, should even double that fine.

We need to ask legislator to pass a bill like in the US, ICE an EV charging station will get fined. WA, $124 USD, CA $200 USD and allow private operators to wheel lock those cars legally and fine them something like $1,500 HKD. Most people in general, very selfish. Fining them is the only way. And for EV that is not charging, should even double that fine.

Though I haven't got my MS yet, I can't agree with you more. Just like we should not park on those spots meant for cars driven by the disabled.

BTW, is it a rule to put the cone (if one exists) back on those EV parking spaces after use?

- - - Updated - - -

But I confirmed that it wasn't clamped because the manager said he didn't unclamp. So the paper was all there was.

I will make sure I carry a glue in my MS in future.

That sort of legislation is for public charging on public groups. What happens on private property (like most, if not all, EV charging in HK) would not be covered. When we get to the stage of having charging at metered car park spaces, such legislation will be required.

Here in HK it is quite simple. The car park operator sets the rules (which he publishes in a visible place), then he is free to enforce them. Those rules can including clamping and fining vehicles for contravening the rules. The issue is getting the car park operators to (a) change their signage to 'EV charging', and (b) enforce that (by clamping, and fining).

DickHxxd indeed. why is the number plate being masked out ? we should let the whole world knows the number plate.

It is a hyundai van, a black one was trying to cut me off the other day. But the driver of that hyundai obviously did not know the power behind the wheel of mine.