Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I hate people that park in EV spaces!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would someone suggest a text, in both Chinese and English?

I want one which isn't too pushy or provocative, with emphasis on information. Not too long, straight to the point, maybe even with a funny graphic on it. More info in smaller font, for those interested.

It's vital that it doesn't look like advertisement, or no-one will read it.
I can make the graphic but you guys can make up the text as I can not read chinese.

here is the basic layout design
feel free to use it

Tesla A4.jpg

It's Tesla's fault for providing free fuel to its customers? Okay. Feel free to inform Tesla that they shouldn't provide Model S owners in your area with Superchargers.

When you walk up to the Tesla folks in Hong Kong and tell them straight up, "Where will I charge my car????? I'm not allowed to install a charger in my carpark." Tesla ensures you, "We are going to build SuperChargers for you!"

It's not about FREE FUEL. You are COMPLETELY missing the point.

In Hong Kong 95% of the population lives in an apartment. And many of those apts don't have parking spaces, and SOME do have parking, but then it's a big covered parking garage and you either rent out a specific car spot or you rent out the general lot itself and park anywhere. MANY of those parking garages DO NOT allow you to install a charger for your car. So unlike a homeowner in USA that charges at night in their garage, a Hong Kong Tesla owner may not have that luxury.

I'm not sure if you are getting it yet, but charging starts to become a major issue if you have no place to charge! Some people BUY their Teslas in HK due to the promise of accessibility of Superchargers.

And some of these Superchargers are in paid mall parking garages, so it's not like it's free anyway. The Hong Kong folks here are NOT complaining that it's in a paid parking garage, because we know that's just how Hong Kong is, it's not like there's some empty lot where Tesla can build a charging station....If there's any empty space in Hong Kong left they won't build a SC, a developer will build up a 50 - 60 story building.

So combine the inability to charge at home or at work, with the fact a person may drive out of their way to go to a Supercharger, and lo and behold find all their spots are being occupied by ICE cars...Now you got a difficult situation on your hands.

This situation is also not a SURPRISE or MYSTERY to Telsa HK, as they are aware of the challenges of Hong Kong. To suggest Hong Kong Tesla owners bought a 100K car to complain about free fuel is just ignorant.

Here a update of the design and I have done 2 option which 1 is better?
now need some one to do the chinese.

It needs to mention "electric vehicle" in plain text. Those people who block the charging spots in the first place, might not even know what "EV" means. Make it even more simple, call it "electric car"

And could someone please translate it to Chinese? I like the tone of it, assuming it was a mistake.

I would prefer something more general, without the Tesla logo.

We had a discussion about this previously here, and I saved some images from back then. Here is one of them:

ICED 3-6-2014 9-43-18 AM.jpg

The only car to park in an electric car parking spot, should be an electric vehicle, for the purpose of charging.

Doesn't matter whether it's a Leaf, Tesla, i3 or what, and I think the T logo makes it look like advertisement. The ones above are more generic and the icons make it look more official. Speaking of official, making it look like a parking fine would also get the owners attention (not sure what a parking fine looks like in HK - I never got one!)

- - - Updated - - -

It is very important that it is written in Chinese also, and the icons should also have Chinese text on them.

Anyone care to try a translation?

I like #2, DITB.

It also has the advantage of not needing any translation of the graphic itself, just the text (which even I can "photoshop")

I modified the text of #2 a little:

Are you aware your car is parked inside an electric car parking space?

I know it can be hard to find a parking spot, but you are preventing me from getting home.

I need to use the parking spot you have occupied with your petrol car, to charge my electric vehicle.

In the future, please read the signs, and be a responsible citizen.

Thank you.

I can translate it in Google Translate, however despite being traditional Chinese, the wording is more pu tong hua style. I am sure it is even funny or downright wrong, machine translation hasn't progressed too well yet:

你知道你的車停的電動車停車位裡面?

我知道這可能很難找到一個停車位,但你阻止我回家。

我需要使用您已經佔據了你的汽油車的停車位,我的電動車充電。

在未來,請閱讀跡象,做一個負責任的公民。

謝謝。

Like the 謝謝 is more directed at mainland Chinese.

Can someone just edit the text above, or make further suggestions - that goes both for the English as well as the Chinese part?

It needs to mention "electric vehicle" in plain text. Those people who block the charging spots in the first place, might not even know what "EV" means. Make it even more simple, call it "electric car"

And could someone please translate it to Chinese? I like the tone of it, assuming it was a mistake.

I would prefer something more general, without the Tesla logo.

We had a discussion about this previously here, and I saved some images from back then. Here is one of them:

View attachment 63899

The only car to park in an electric car parking spot, should be an electric vehicle, for the purpose of charging.

Doesn't matter whether it's a Leaf, Tesla, i3 or what, and I think the T logo makes it look like advertisement. The ones above are more generic and the icons make it look more official. Speaking of official, making it look like a parking fine would also get the owners attention (not sure what a parking fine looks like in HK - I never got one!)

- - - Updated - - -

It is very important that it is written in Chinese also, and the icons should also have Chinese text on them.

Anyone care to try a translation?
these are good for every 1.
But for the Tesla superchargers better to have a logo or people think all EV cars can charge on the spot.

More Model S coming (and other EVs), we need to get onto this soon.

We need to educate both EV and ICEV drivers:

1) Don't park in EV charging spots unless you have and EV AND you are plugged in for charging.

2) Leave a note when you expect to be back OR some kind of contact information (unless you are in a place that is clearly never (yet) full, like Kwai Chung Estate)

If could afford it, I would have a set of these in my car:

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely Tesla's skunk work can invent an automated small triangle barrier and install this at all super chargers. It will recognize all Tesla and retract only when a Tesla is parking at the spot.

Given Elon can send a rocket to ISS, this is a piece of cake.

I'd gladly chip in if Tesla would like the tesla owners to help to fund this initiative.

Yes, I like this too.

More Model S coming (and other EVs), we need to get onto this soon.

We need to educate both EV and ICEV drivers:

1) Don't park in EV charging spots unless you have and EV AND you are plugged in for charging.

2) Leave a note when you expect to be back OR some kind of contact information (unless you are in a place that is clearly never (yet) full, like Kwai Chung Estate)

If could afford it, I would have a set of these in my car:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Mark, thanks for your insight on FRT. Both from FB and this forum, I realized that the two major challenges facing us as EV users are 1) the insufficient provision of charging slots because not every EV user is luckily enough to install his own dedicated wall charger; 2) frequent occupation of ICE cars on the charging slots. The later is some how affecting the former. I am a new comer to this forum. Are there any recommended procedures / actions that we should take when we come across an ICE car parked on charging slots? Perhaps, we should follow that recommended procedures to act as a group force.