Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I hate thread merging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why? Clicking the button up top does just that.

When you say the button up top which one do you mean? I apologize in advance if I am missing the obvious which I must be.
"Whats New" lists all the new posts with the most recent first. The "New Post" does essentially the same thing. What I am looking for is the easiest way to find out completely new threads created today or yesterday to avoid creating a duplicate thread. Finding new posts is easy.

When you say the button up top which one do you mean? I apologize in advance if I am missing the obvious which I must be.
"Whats New" lists all the new posts with the most recent first. The "New Post" does essentially the same thing. What I am looking for is the easiest way to find out completely new threads created today or yesterday to avoid creating a duplicate thread. Finding new posts is easy.

Ah, my apologies, I misunderstood. In that case, you would want this link: Search Results - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum which I don't think is linked directly from the nav. It does a search like so: "Type: Posts; Posts From Last Day" -- so it's still posts and not necessarily threads. I'm unsure if there's a search option for just threads in the last day.

*edit* my mistake, it is there:

links.JPG

Looking through some VB stuff, it would appear they do not show threads separately as a new post makes a thread new even if you've seen the thread before.

Last edited:
Ah, my apologies, I misunderstood. In that case, you would want this link: Search Results - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum which I don't think is linked directly from the nav. It does a search like so: "Type: Posts; Posts From Last Day" -- so it's still posts and not necessarily threads. I'm unsure if there's a search option for just threads in the last day.

*edit* my mistake, it is there:

View attachment 22207

Thank-you for clarifying. So isn't the real question whether other forum members would find a "New Threads" button helpful?
I believe it would be popular since TMC is such an active site and keeping up with new threads is challenging.

I agree, these forums are the most over moderated I've ever seen, making them very hard to use.... It's almost like a game or challenge on how to organize every single post and have the least amount of new posts...

I post up a question and it gets shoved into a thread with 100 pages, then I can't tell who is responding to what.... and it means there will be less responses as well as someone who comes into that thread won't be reading though 100 pages and find my question... very frustrating...

I'm relatively new here, but this is the most actively managed forum I've ever seen.

The frequent thread merging does make it harder to find things -- especially when a new thread pops up months (or years) after the thread it gets moved into.

Last edited:
I agree, these forums are the most over moderated I've ever seen, making them very hard to use.... It's almost like a game or challenge on how to organize every single post and have the least amount of new posts...

I post up a question and it gets shoved into a thread with 100 pages, then I can't tell who is responding to what.... and it means there will be less responses as well as someone who comes into that thread won't be reading though 100 pages and find my question... very frustrating...

Have you checked out the official Tesla forums? There is zero moderation going on there so worth checking out as well.

I will repeat what I have said before. I think the mods do a great job and I am definitely not complaining. Just a suggestion that an option to display new threads in addition to new posts would be helpful.