Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading the battery on a 2014 model S 60?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might want to check with a service center to see if yours is one of the 60s that actually has a 75 battery in it. My 2016 S60 is like that. It's a 75 that is software locked to 60. For a fee Tesla will unlock the extra 15 though I've never done that.

Upvote 0
You might want to check with a service center to see if yours is one of the 60s that actually has a 75 battery in it. My 2016 S60 is like that. It's a 75 that is software locked to 60. For a fee Tesla will unlock the extra 15 though I've never done that.
ALL 2014 60s are “real” 60kwh batteries. No sense in wasting time asking Tesla about this.

• Informative
Reactions: Ciaopec
Upvote 0
Google Jason Hughes and Tesla. (wk057)....Is famous for doing things with Tesla batteries and infamous (IIRC kicked off this site) in other quarters.

On balance: IF I were in need of a battery I would seek him out.
I'm back actually. 😜

We can do the upgrades, usually more cost effectively than any other options available elsewhere. Reach out to my staff at 057tech.com/contact if you haven't already and they'll get some info and give you some options.

Upvote 0
I'm back actually. 😜

We can do the upgrades, usually more cost effectively than any other options available elsewhere. Reach out to my staff at 057tech.com/contact if you haven't already and they'll get some info and give you some options.
Good to see you back. Remember you from long ago when we were expecting our S deliveries about the same time in Devon. I do not visit TMC site often anymore but good to know you are alive and well.:cool:

Reactions: wk057
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Some cars badged "60" were actually 75 that were software locked so only 60 of the battery could be accessed. For a while one could have the extra 15 unlocked but I heard (second hand) recently that they are not doing that anymore. But might not hurt to check.
OK That's great!
Referring that '15' is meant to be 15 KW more kilowatts added to my battery.
That equates to about an additional 40 +/- miles.
Its worth looking into.
I will get in touch with Tesla service.
Unless there is another route ?
Tom.

Upvote 0
OK That's great!
Referring that '15' is meant to be 15 KW more kilowatts added to my battery.
That equates to about an additional 40 +/- miles.
Its worth looking into.
I will get in touch with Tesla service.
Unless there is another route ?
Tom.
I just recently had my 2013 model S 60 battery fail and the SC had quoted me 15k for a replacement with an upgraded 90kwh battery pack

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Upvote 0