Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have a lemon in Missouri/Kansas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you reading? And it appears that both states have almost identical laws.

And: Missouri 407.571

But yet you are trying to start the process before you even qualified for what you thought the lemon law was...
they are repairing right now and that will be the fourth. I am getting to know the process so I am prepared for what might be coming.

“Lemon” has a legal definition that varies from state to state.

GM bought back two (!) lemon Volts from me so I’m familiar with the process in California.

In this state lemon law requires three unsuccessful attempts to fix the same problem or a cumulative 30 days of repair for any problems within a given timeframe.

I believe CA also has a provision if the issue at fault can be considered life threatening. I remember looking it up when I had a faulty rear door that would not open from either direction.

It sounds like OPs car is a bit of a problem child. Having all those issues with brakes would sketch me out so if its not repaired on this go around I would just go ahead and get a lemon law attorney. They will know exactly what to file and how to close it out in the fastest time available. They can probably even facilitate a swap to a new Tesla in lieu of getting a check if that's what you want as Tesla will likely want to avoid the car actually being classified as a lemon so they can sell it to the next guy.

I wanted to know if/how they fixed it, that's all

As I said earlier in response to your resurrection of this thread, the OP has not been on TMC since 2020 so you will not get that answer from them:

tmc072022.PNG

I wasn't wanting to argue (been on enough forums to know it's pointless), but my situation is very similar. I DO have a service appt , but it's over 2 weeks out. If they found the fix for his it would give me an idea what to expect. This thread mentioned the same errors as mine (7 errors regarding driving safety systems).
I understand the the mod making his post, but I was doing what so many members recommend first...SEARCH, so that's what I did (and it was old).
Was hoping by resurrecting it there may have been someone else with similar issues. More research leads me to a wheel speed sensor

Reactions: AZAV8R
I wasn't wanting to argue (been on enough forums to know it's pointless), but my situation is very similar. I DO have a service appt , but it's over 2 weeks out. If they found the fix for his it would give me an idea what to expect. This thread mentioned the same errors as mine (7 errors regarding driving safety systems).
I understand the the mod making his post, but I was doing what so many members recommend first...SEARCH, so that's what I did (and it was old).
Was hoping by resurrecting it there may have been someone else with similar issues. More research leads me to a wheel speed sensor

Yeah I realize you searched first. I dont believe I attacked you or anything, both of my posts were just pointing out that the OP of this thread had not been present on TMC for a year and half, so they were not going to answer you, and that was the person you were looking for an answer from.

You did search first, and for that I commend you. This particular thread is specific however so I was suggesting starting your own since they were not going to reply.