Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have a Model 3 that will not Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure this would have anything to do with it. Shortly after I purchased my M3 I ordered new puddle lights. Each time I removed a LED light in the bottom of the door, the screen went dark and the music stopped. As soon as I plugged in the new LED puddle light, the screen immediately came on and music played again. The same thing happened for each door. I then decided to store the old LED lights in the frunk as I'm thinking, "if a LED puddle light goes out will I loose my display?", so they ride with me as a backup just incase. Why would a LED light take out the display, could it keep it from charging? One would like to think not. Could be a missing door...

Lack of functional puddle light could be interpreted by the car as the door the light is in being closed. Normally music will play and the display will be on when you open the door and get out. But when the door is closed (with nobody inside) the music will stop and the display goes off.

Not sure this would have anything to do with it. Shortly after I purchased my M3 I ordered new puddle lights. Each time I removed a LED light in the bottom of the door, the screen went dark and the music stopped. As soon as I plugged in the new LED puddle light, the screen immediately came on and music played again. The same thing happened for each door. I then decided to store the old LED lights in the frunk as I'm thinking, "if a LED puddle light goes out will I loose my display?", so they ride with me as a backup just incase. Why would a LED light take out the display, could it keep it from charging? One would like to think not. Could be a missing door...

If you take out the puddle lights the windows roll up also because it thinks the door is closed.

I had a similar situation once when the battery was low and cold soaked. It took about an hour of it being plugged in at 240v in order for the battery to warm up and begin accepting a charge. Even then it started very slowly. Once the battery was heated up life was good again.

*Edit Except in my case I think it showed higher volts and amps- but 0 miles of range going into the vehicle.