Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have an uncorked RWD S 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around the end of October, I found the exact car I had been looking for at a decent discount on the Tesla inventory web site. I took delivery of a RWD Model S last week. It took me until today to find the time to do a 0-60 test. See the attached screen shot from Power Tools. It’s 4.5 seconds. Note that this was a pretty bad effort on my part. I wasn’t completely committed and I started from the emergency lane, so I had to get back into the main lane right at the start. Anyway, it’s definitely faster than 5.5. I would estimate that there is another quarter of a second to cut out of that time.

My Drive Unit is DU01

Attachments

• IMG_7409.png
    IMG_7409.png
    616.8 KB · Views: 275
In one of the other threads about uncorking, there are directions about how to get a coded list of all your options. Bottom line, during the order phase, click on the “specs” button, which takes you to another web page. Copy and paste the URL of this page onto a word document and it has a bunch of codes that people have decoded. Sorry if that isn’t clear, but I’m new to the Tesla world.

Reactions: Gt1948
Does this help? It’s not a quarter mile, but it might give you some data. I was just doing it from a stoplight with about a 60% charge and tires a couple PSI over inflated. A higher charge and lower PSI would probably improve things a bit. In case you are curious, 971’ for elevation and temperature was about 60 degrees.

Attachments

• 409D6763-294C-4680-8E4C-96A20ED46CA9.png
    409D6763-294C-4680-8E4C-96A20ED46CA9.png
    533.8 KB · Views: 198
Does this help? It’s not a quarter mile, but it might give you some data. I was just doing it from a stoplight with about a 60% charge and tires a couple PSI over inflated. A higher charge and lower PSI would probably improve things a bit. In case you are curious, 971’ for elevation and temperature was about 60 degrees.

He needs the log file associated with the run. You can use the app to email it to yourself and then post or message. I've had trouble with *.csv files, so I rename to *.txt

0-60 in 5.5 for my S85, clocked it yesterday. Pretty close to the advertised 5.4. Heavy driver and winter might affect that a bit.

Would love to get into the mid-4s, but not possible from what I've read here.

In terms of 0-60 this is the third-fastest car I've owned (first was the 2006 GTO at 4.6, second was the 2004 GTO at 5.2). Both six-speed manuals.

I do think the Tesla is quicker 40-80 than either GTO was. No downshifting required.