Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have cancelled FSD (Full Self Driving)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have FSD as part of the three month trial, having got my car at the end of last year. I can tell you now that it isn’t worth anywhere near the £6.8k they want to charge for it. It isn’t even worth it for EAP.
Maybe this is different in America where it can do more, but over here it’s mostly useless and unreliable. It’s also actually quite dangerous on a motorway when it randomly brakes, or starts a lane change and disengages half way through.

What excess stock?
There's 140 new inventory cars in the UK all looking for a home in the next month. And that probably not all of them.

On subscriptions. the mindset will move to instant/current value today as opposed to lifetime value, and there is very little instant value at the moment. You don't subscribe to sky TV for what they show next year but you might have bought a 4K TV to future proof it. So until there is real value I just don't think they'll introduce subscriptions, I wouldn't pay more than £10 for the extra features it has over AP at the moment, I might if I was hammering up and down the motorway day in day out but even then, AP gives me most of what I use. Give me something that means I can be mind off driving on the motorway, and I was doing 20k miles a year, and I'd pay £200 a month..

Put it into context, company car drivers with BIK and low taxation are probably paying £300-£500 net a month for a model 3, are they going to agree to pay a further £100+ for a feature that just helps them change lane or park badly?

• Informative
Reactions: DrJFoster
I have FSD as part of the three month trial, having got my car at the end of last year. I can tell you now that it isn’t worth anywhere near the £6.8k they want to charge for it. It isn’t even worth it for EAP.
Maybe this is different in America where it can do more, but over here it’s mostly useless and unreliable. It’s also actually quite dangerous on a motorway when it randomly brakes, or starts a lane change and disengages half way through.

Absolutely this. I have used it once during my three month trial so far. Long enough to know it’s unusable, for me at least.