Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have decided what I want out of Tesla for a vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want the superior interior/exterior look of the Tesla Model S which has just the right amount of buttons and secondary screen behind the wheel and sophistication paired with the size and fun to drive nature and range of the Model 3. Elon plz make me a Tesla S3(or 3S, sounds like an Iphone heh). That is the ideal ride for me honestly. Willing to sacrifice the bigger trunk + a little space in the back for passengers as well and snuggle in the width for 2 front passengers too.

Reactions: ICUDoc
I want the superior interior/exterior look of the Tesla Model S which has just the right amount of buttons and secondary screen behind the wheel and sophistication paired with the size and fun to drive nature and range of the Model 3. Elon plz make me a Tesla S3(or 3S, sounds like an Iphone heh). That is the ideal ride for me honestly. Willing to sacrifice the bigger trunk + a little space in the back for passengers as well and snuggle in the width for 2 front passengers too.
I think it is called the Roadster...

I think it is called the Roadster...

I consider the body of the roadster a bit too flashy for my taste, also it lacks a big touchscreen and behind the wheel smart viz display eh? I like the elegance of the Model S body, its just too long + wide hah. I think if the Model S was shrunk and the hatch back reduced to a small trunk that would be ideal. Also want faster charging(5-10 mins or less 0 to 100%) and 1000 mile range. Maybe in another 5-10+ years we get there if industry presses hard on newer tech.

Edit - well I see what you mean here with the newer release they are working on:
Tesla Roadster

This is sexy af and better sized by the looks of it. Maybe when that $200k price point becomes $40k it will be in my upper purchase ballpark lol. Until then any mega rich guy need to adopt a soon to be 28 y/o software engineering male?

I consider the body of the roadster a bit too flashy for my taste, also it lacks a big touchscreen and behind the wheel smart viz display eh? I like the elegance of the Model S body, its just too long + wide hah. I think if the Model S was shrunk and the hatch back reduced to a small trunk that would be ideal. Also want faster charging(5-10 mins or less 0 to 100%) and 1000 mile range. Maybe in another 5-10+ years we get there if industry presses hard on newer tech.

A tablet mounted ahead of the wheel, running Scan My Tesla or equal?

I like MS too. I might never upgrade. There will never be sunroof or leather again it seems.

Reactions: jeremy0916
Sounds like you just need to get a 3.

What buttons does the S have that you wish the 3 had?

I hate the idea of a plain Jane panel running all the way across the dash behind the wheel. I really like how the S has the companion screen with good indicators right behind the wheel. I also like the buttons on the steering wheel, the easy menu scroll system and radio adjustments and such. also don't know much about the 3, but the S has controls for windows going up and down on the door handle and well as mirror adjustment options, unsure if you have to do all that from the touch screen or not on a 3. I also wanted the ability to pull my car in and out of my garage automatically with my key fob, and model 3 does not support that yet I believe and when they do it will be exclusive with the app only since there is no car fob that comes with it eh? I also hate the 3's door handles, that floppy piece isn't as nice as the S pop out handles (but likely won't be as prone to breaking heh). I also heard that the seats in the 3 are not very comfortable?

I hate the idea of a plain Jane panel running all the way across the dash behind the wheel. I really like how the S has the companion screen with good indicators right behind the wheel. I also like the buttons on the steering wheel, the easy menu scroll system and radio adjustments and such. also don't know much about the 3, but the S has controls for windows going up and down on the door handle and well as mirror adjustment options, unsure if you have to do all that from the touch screen or not on a 3. I also wanted the ability to pull my car in and out of my garage automatically with my key fob, and model 3 does not support that yet I believe and when they do it will be exclusive with the app only since there is no car fob that comes with it eh? I also hate the 3's door handles, that floppy piece isn't as nice as the S pop out handles (but likely won't be as prone to breaking heh). I also heard that the seats in the 3 are not very comfortable?
The 3 interior design was probably chosen for economic reasons. That way the didn't need to make traditional climate vents, and they of course also saved costs by just using one screen.

I would also had preferred some sort of screen behind the steering wheel - coupled with a 15-inch screen in portrait instead of landscape -- but hey... You can't always get what you want...

In Sweden a new 3LR is currently about 74K USD and unfortunately for me, I haven't prioritized my personal finances enough...

Yeah IMO 2015-2018 Model S'es seem to be the best deals you can get used. I saw one nice grey 2017-2018 Model 3 LR with like 20k miles sell out of Colorado for $35k which was a really good deal too imo. My 23k miles mint condition Model S was $41k. Thinking the M3 for $35k was the better deal but could not pull the trigger on it quickly enough heh.

I think the biggest reason I don't lean towards M3 or the newest Teslas would be the fact idc about self-driving nearly as much as the Tesla community does, on the highway for long trips I agree its awesome since thats boring driving. But in the city I am happy to stay in control for all the variables at play and city driving isn't usually a very long time where u get tired of it.

Bigger selling points for me in future will be much faster charging(solve a full charge in 5-10 mins or less and I will be super impressed). And make the "real range" of an EV to be 1000 miles on a charge, not the BS range with no AC running and such either, like true range with a real driver doing human things heh. If they figure all that out in the EV space in the next 10 years I think that will make me upgrade from my current one.

Reactions: GiantlyGentle