Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have lost 3G entirely - Resolved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long have you waited for it to restore? I'd give it about 15 minutes to come back. Then:

1. Did you try rebooting the main display? (Hold both scroll wheels for about 10 seconds). After it restarts, give it a few minutes to get the signal again.

2. If that doesn't help, do a search here and there's a fuse you can try pulling. Wait a few minutes after it's pulled, then replace it.

3. If 1 and 2 didn't fix the issue, then call Tesla.

Holding the scroll buttons fixed it - thanks!

How long have you waited for it to restore? I'd give it about 15 minutes to come back. Then:

1. Did you try rebooting the main display? (Hold both scroll wheels for about 10 seconds). After it restarts, give it a few minutes to get the signal again.

2. If that doesn't help, do a search here and there's a fuse you can try pulling. Wait a few minutes after it's pulled, then replace it.

3. If 1 and 2 didn't fix the issue, then call Tesla.

I've had this problem before and doing the reset did the trick. I had to do this twice because my 3G reception (AT&T) is super weak where I live.

I feel like the car gives up searching for a signal after it doesn't find a signal.

This is not my experience. We don't get ANY 3G at the house. About three miles from the house towards town it picks up (every time so far) and starts working.

Interesting development. We had our car parked in an area of known poor cell signal for over a week. Now that we have our car back in a strong AT&T LTE area the car still will not pick up any cell signal. I've tried rebooting both the instrument cluster and the 17" display and nothing has worked. I have a call into Ownership but they are going to get back to me. Anyone have a similar situation and been able to fix?