Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have not received an update to Tesla maps since 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@UnknownSoldier, I had the same question some time ago when I still was on the 2019 map version. What I did was schedule a service appointment via the App (category Software) and simply explained the situation and asked if the latest version of the maps could be pushed. Next day the latest version was pushed by Tesla and the SC cancelled the appointment (while referring to the fact that they saw the latest version had been pushed). Not sure if I was simply lucky, or this was just a coincidence, but it worked for me. Who knows the same might work for you……

If the maps are updated but once per year, does the Supercharger overlay/data get updated more frequently? if there are new SCs that come online does the map and nav reflect them? or do they not show up until the next map update?
The SC locations definitively get updated more often as the one next to my home just popped up beginning of this month less than a week after I actually seen it open. I'm on the same NA-2020.48 maps as everyone else

On the Controls > Software screen.
Thx for replying but not seeing it there. Is it because I've only got standard connectivity? I've got lots of map problems that haven't changed in the year I've owned the car. Lots of wrong speed limits. Middle of Interstate wants you to turn right while you're on a bridge in between two exits. Also on Interstate with 70 mph speed limit it will suddenly show 35 mph speed limit and autopilot will abruptly adjust. The main road in front of local Tesla SC is a 55 speed limit and mine shows 35 for the whole stretch. Consistently wrong in the same spots.

Reactions: JeffnReno
Thx for replying but not seeing it there.

Mine is there.

20210913_112210 copy.jpg

Thx for replying but not seeing it there. Is it because I've only got standard connectivity? I've got lots of map problems that haven't changed in the year I've owned the car. Lots of wrong speed limits. Middle of Interstate wants you to turn right while you're on a bridge in between two exits. Also on Interstate with 70 mph speed limit it will suddenly show 35 mph speed limit and autopilot will abruptly adjust. The main road in front of local Tesla SC is a 55 speed limit and mine shows 35 for the whole stretch. Consistently wrong in the same spots.
That's more likely your car reading a highway sign as a speed limit sign. The speed limits are read by the front camera. There's one particular "105" sign near me that the car consistently reads as 50 mph. It's only the w/b sign, as it doesn't do it when I'm going e/b in the same spot with a similar sign in nearly the same spot.

There is generally only a single map updates once per year.

NA-2020.48-12628 is the latest US map version afaik.
My Tesla can read the Speed Limit signs on the road (because it shows the same Speed Limit sign on the display screen) but it does not adjust my Set Speed Limit to the speed limit that the car saw on the road and reflected on the little Speed Limit sign on the screen. Anyone has this issue? Is there a problem with my software?

Reactions: cstork
Still on NA-2020.48 here. This is super irritating because Massachusetts has redone all the highway exit numbers over 2020/2021 and I can never trust the exit numbers that the car navigation gives me
Service assures me we have the latest nav data update. I have no idea why there haven't been any updates in more than a year. There have been many road changes here is southwest Florida and the car nav data is badly out of date causing many navigation errors. They need to fix this!

Reactions: ager01
but it does not adjust my Set Speed Limit to the speed limit that the car saw on the road and reflected on the little Speed Limit sign on the screen. Anyone has this issue? Is there a problem with my software?

It's not an issue, it's a feature and is acting exactly as it's designed. If you tap on the speed limit image on your screen, it will adjust your set speed to match or just roll the thumb wheel on the steering wheel which is much easier. This is detailed in your manual. I'd recommend downloading the PDF version so you can easily do searches. Compared to other manuals for other vehicles and electronic devices, it's actually well written and useful. Give it a read.

Service assures me we have the latest nav data update. I have no idea why there haven't been any updates in more than a year. There have been many road changes here is southwest Florida and the car nav data is badly out of date causing many navigation errors. They need to fix this!
There's a section on I-75 by you that consistently tells me to turn right onto a small street and then a left to get back on the interstate. This is between exits. It shows a speed limit of 35 when doing this.

Reactions: Richard34212
There's a section on I-75 by you that consistently tells me to turn right onto a small street and then a left to get back on the interstate. This is between exits. It shows a speed limit of 35 when doing this.
The I-75 SR70 interchange is a disaster in both directions of I75 (but mostly southbound). Nav wants to exit I75 onto SR70 and then re-enter, all while slowing speed from 70 to 30 MPH. Since I live nearby and travel this route often I have learned to disengage when approaching this area. But I-75 has been fully open for many months through this area. There's really no excuse for not updating the basic map data on a regular basis. The message to me is never trust anything it suggests if there's been any nearby construction in the last year.

I asked this question in this subforum a bit ago and only got a couple of responses. It would be interesting to see if anyone has a map version later than what is in my car. I dont think so, I have 2020. something, but the exact version is in the post below.

This is detailed in your manual. I'd recommend downloading the PDF version so you can easily do searches. Compared to other manuals for other vehicles and electronic devices, it's actually well written and useful. Give it a read.
Just as an FYI the manual doesn't seem to be downloadable anymore. It is only in HTML on the web site or in your car.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark57