Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have ordered a Model 3 in May and my account section looks exactly the same 4 months later.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I have 2 questions and I'm looking for somebody who has experienced the same things (hopefully not), that can shed some light on what is happening to my order.

1. I've placed an order for a Model 3 Long Range in May this year at my local Tesla dealership in Romania. I was just informed 3 days ago via phone from somebody from Tesla, that my VIN has arrived and I should see it in my account, but everything looks exactly the same, I haven't received any notification whatsoever on my email / Tesla app etc.
I have also tried looking in the code source file of the web app, but still I see no VIN assign on the back-end of it to my account. Why isn't my account updating with the VIN?

2. 3 days ago as well I have received a notification that my agreement has changed. I went into the web app, only to see that I had a "Price Adjustment" of about -$2500 to my order.
I have called Tesla and they told me that the batteries for Europe (since I am currently based in Romania) for this year are going to produce 3-5 KW less than what they should produce for the Model 3 Long Range, which would mean the car would have -20km less of range (that is what they told me on the phone).
I have a friend who live in Zurich, Switzerland, who also wanted to buy a Model 3 Long Range and when he went to the dealership, they told him that he could get a car faster, with a 2200CHF reduction (which is ~$2500), but the batteries in the car have the technology from 2020.
I have then brought this up to my local Tesla dealership and they told me that the batteries from my Model 3 Long Range will be from 2021, but it will just have that 3-5 KW less power ratio. Am I getting scammed? Because there is no real way for me to verify how many KW the batteries deliver..

The battery part of the discussion is in this (very very very long) thread:

I dont follow this discussion, but believe the short version is there is one battery that has 77kW of storage, and one that has 82kW of storage. The overall range number may be a little lower, but in practical usage its not going to make any difference unless you drive your entire battery capacity out every day.

You also are not going to get the rated range out of the vehicle, unless you drive exactly like the tests (and no one does), so the rated range number as a "I can go this far" is not correct.

On the "why dont I have a vin", I have no idea how they assign vins for you in romania. If your local tesla location told you they have your car coming in, then they should know that.

Ok, so regarding the battery, got it that it's just that it's capacity is a little lower than the 82KW usual battery.

For the VIN the problem is the following:

Tesla told me that the VIN for my car has arrived 4 days ago and I should see it in the mobile app as well as the web version, but the problem is that in "My Account" I don't see any VIN, and there have been no changes to anything in my account since May, even though Tesla told me that I should see my VIN and other updates in my account. The only update I got so far, is that "Price Adjustment" which is for the battery difference.

Ok, so regarding the battery, got it that it's just that it's capacity is a little lower than the 82KW usual battery.

For the VIN the problem is the following:

Tesla told me that the VIN for my car has arrived 4 days ago and I should see it in the mobile app as well as the web version, but the problem is that in "My Account" I don't see any VIN, and there have been no changes to anything in my account since May, even though Tesla told me that I should see my VIN and other updates in my account. The only update I got so far, is that "Price Adjustment" which is for the battery difference.

You wont see anything at all in the mobile app related to your vehicle until its set to delivered status to you, so if they told you "you will see it in the app" that is either a miscommunication by them to you, a mis understanding of what they told you, or out and out mis information from tesla to you.

People do see vins assigned in their online accounts, but if you dont yet, there isnt anything you can do but wait. If you are financing the vehicle or need that information, contact tesla and ask for it.

Yep, that's what I did, since I am financing the car I needed the VIN and the final Invoice from them, so the bank will know the final value of the car to make the loan. But thank you so much for confirming what I thought as well, that they miscommunicated that info to me...I thought there was a problem with my account or I was missing something.

Hello Everyone,

I have 2 questions and I'm looking for somebody who has experienced the same things (hopefully not), that can shed some light on what is happening to my order.

1. I've placed an order for a Model 3 Long Range in May this year at my local Tesla dealership in Romania. I was just informed 3 days ago via phone from somebody from Tesla, that my VIN has arrived and I should see it in my account, but everything looks exactly the same, I haven't received any notification whatsoever on my email / Tesla app etc.
I have also tried looking in the code source file of the web app, but still I see no VIN assign on the back-end of it to my account. Why isn't my account updating with the VIN?
Hi @ManoleMano , do you have any news on this?
I am planning to place an order in the next days that is scheduled to be delivered in December. I discussed with the dealership (Tesla Romania) and they confirmed that the Long Range models arriving in December come with the 82kw Panasonic batteries. However the -2500$ price reduction seems fair for the ~4kw differences in battery capacity (when you compare with the difference kw/price from the SR+).
Also regarding the VIN you might have to check in you online web account instead of Tesla app on your phone.

Hi @ManoleMano , do you have any news on this?
I am planning to place an order in the next days that is scheduled to be delivered in December. I discussed with the dealership (Tesla Romania) and they confirmed that the Long Range models arriving in December come with the 82kw Panasonic batteries. However the -2500$ price reduction seems fair for the ~4kw differences in battery capacity (when you compare with the difference kw/price from the SR+).
Also regarding the VIN you might have to check in you online web account instead of Tesla app on your phone.
Hello Rempha, no news yet...I am currently waiting for the final invoice with Tesla's account in which I'll have to send the money once I sign the agreement with my bank. The representative who's assigned to me from Tesla told me that the car should arrive starting from the 25th of September, but since it's the 16th and I haven't even received the final invoice from Tesla, because "they haven't received it yet from the Netherlands", I highly doubt I'll get my Model 3 in September...
The whole process and communication was very frustrating from the start, I think I called over 12 times over the last 3 months and every time I got a different estimate for everything, starting from mid June to September right now..

Regarding the VIN, I found it in my mobile app as well, there is a bug currently which goes like this:

On your app go to Settings -> Notifications -> Vehicles and you should be able to see an option there if a VIN has been assigned to your account.

Tesla should ship to Constanta for Central/Eastern Europe, it would be faster and cheaper than through Rotterdam and then cross transport through all Europe. Good luck with your delivery!
I have placed my order yesterday to be able to get all government incentives before the funds will deplete. It's going to be a long wait 'till December.:D