Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

i have TESLA MODEL XL from usa ? and it's now in ukraine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have TESLA MODEL XL from usa ? and it's now in ukraine ?

- can i active the maps and other service ?
- from where i can buy charger ?
- supercharge will work in eruop ? or not ? becouse i saw some video people can do that ?

i know some one will said buy it from eruop ( but there is very expinsve ) and we are in ukraine buy crashed car and fix them :D

i have TESLA MODEL XL from usa ? and it's now in ukraine ?

- can i active the maps and other service ?
- from where i can buy charger ?
- supercharge will work in eruop ? or not ? becouse i saw some video people can do that ?

i know some one will said buy it from eruop ( but there is very expinsve ) and we are in ukraine buy crashed car and fix them :D

Tesla usually blocks/prevents salvaged/damaged vehicles from SuperCharging on their network without their say-so (fee) you usually can't charge...
For maps/service, that may be a connectivity issue and region lock? Not sure
A charger - you can purchase anywhere online... You can go with a standard J1772 charger and get an adapter to plug into the Tesla connector, or, find a Tesla Wall Charger or Tesla Mobile Charger...

You might want to read through this thread: Let the hacking begin... (Model S parts on the bench)

European cars use a different shape of plug from US cars, mainly to allow three phase charging over there. A US Spec car won't be able to interface with the EU superchargers without an adapter - which Tesla has been seen using internally but has never been sold that I'm aware of.

I think your only real option for DCFC at this time is to buy a US/Japanese CHAdeMO adapter and charge at CHAdeMO stations. (Because of the different plug shapes, an EU spec CHAdeMO adapter is useless to you.)

You should be able to charge at most charging stations by using a Type 2 to Type 1 adapter and the J1772 (type 1) adapter that should have come with the car, though you'll be restricted to single phase and thus likely around 7 kW in most cases.

Tesla usually blocks/prevents salvaged/damaged vehicles from SuperCharging on their network without their say-so (fee) you usually can't charge...
For maps/service, that may be a connectivity issue and region lock? Not sure
A charger - you can purchase anywhere online... You can go with a standard J1772 charger and get an adapter to plug into the Tesla connector, or, find a Tesla Wall Charger or Tesla Mobile Charger...

You might want to read through this thread: Let the hacking begin... (Model S parts on the bench)

hello ? how i know if my vin is blocked ? or backlist ?
did i must buy this to chrge the car quikly ? if my car 90D need how many hours by this charger
CHAdeMO Adapter

hello ? how i know if my vin is blocked ? or backlist ?
did i must buy this to chrge the car quikly ? if my car 90D need how many hours by this charger
CHAdeMO Adapter

That's the best way to charge the car quickly, yes. It should allow ~45 kW charging on a suitable station, which would mean empty to full in about two hours.

That's not how people normally use EVs except on road trips, though - normally we charge to 80 or 90% at home overnight on AC chargers.

That's the best way to charge the car quickly, yes. It should allow ~45 kW charging on a suitable station, which would mean empty to full in about two hours.

That's not how people normally use EVs except on road trips, though - normally we charge to 80 or 90% at home overnight on AC chargers.
thank you bro
you mean i can order this ?
CHAdeMO Adapter
and how many adapter i need ? and our electic is 220v ? when charger wall needed ?

thank you bro
you mean i can order this ?
CHAdeMO Adapter
and how many adapter i need ? and our electic is 220v ? when charger wall needed ?

That adapter allows you to fast charge the car using a DC fast charge station - a public charging station that converts 480V AC into 400V DC and feeds that directly to the car. I'm not aware of anyone who has one of those at home.

A wall charger and the portable cord that comes with the car are both glorified extension cords - they pass main AC power to the car's onboard charger module, which then converts it to 400V DC and charges the car. The car can handle more or less any input from 100V to 277V at any frequency just fine. For that you have two options.

The devices sold in Europe will work fine through some adapters - you need type 2 to type 1, and then the J1772 (type 1 by another name) adapter that should have come with the car.

Or you can buy US spec equipment - a US wall charger is only designed to connect to a single phase pair, but I think it'll work fine within that constraint.

If the car came with a "second generation" mobile connector, you can get special ends for that which match european connectors here:

European CEE 32A 6h Type 023 IP44 Blue Commando (Caravan Mains) Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3 Gen 2

If you're comfortable working with electricity, you might be able to make your own adapter to take whatever plug to have and connect it to a US receptacle to plug the cord the car hopefully came with into, but that could be risky if you aren't sure what you're doing.

That adapter allows you to fast charge the car using a DC fast charge station - a public charging station that converts 480V AC into 400V DC and feeds that directly to the car. I'm not aware of anyone who has one of those at home.

A wall charger and the portable cord that comes with the car are both glorified extension cords - they pass main AC power to the car's onboard charger module, which then converts it to 400V DC and charges the car. The car can handle more or less any input from 100V to 277V at any frequency just fine. For that you have two options.

The devices sold in Europe will work fine through some adapters - you need type 2 to type 1, and then the J1772 (type 1 by another name) adapter that should have come with the car.

Or you can buy US spec equipment - a US wall charger is only designed to connect to a single phase pair, but I think it'll work fine within that constraint.

If the car came with a "second generation" mobile connector, you can get special ends for that which match european connectors here:

European CEE 32A 6h Type 023 IP44 Blue Commando (Caravan Mains) Adapter for Tesla Model S/X/3 Gen 2

If you're comfortable working with electricity, you might be able to make your own adapter to take whatever plug to have and connect it to a US receptacle to plug the cord the car hopefully came with into, but that could be risky if you aren't sure what you're doing.

thank you bro >
if i will ask person who is working with electricity ? to make charger at home ? if i have 380v at home ? it's will be more quikly ?
and did tesla have protector ? if i conect wrong adapter or wrong electic V to car will somethink happing ?

becouse the car model X 2017 > but i want to be ready to charge it when will be at home ? and i cant found video how to do that at home ?
or order wall charger from TESLA and will work ? in 220v ? or only work in 110v ?

thank you bro >
if i will ask person who is working with electricity ? to make charger at home ? if i have 380v at home ? it's will be more quikly ?
and did tesla have protector ? if i conect wrong adapter or wrong electic V to car will somethink happing ?

becouse the car model X 2017 > but i want to be ready to charge it when will be at home ? and i cant found video how to do that at home ?
or order wall charger from TESLA and will work ? in 220v ? or only work in 110v ?

I'll be really surprised if you have 380V at home. If you do, you'd still need the CHAdeMO charger in addition to the adapter - the big external box that converts it to 400V DC before feeding it to the car.

Yes, the wall charger and mobile connector will work on 120, 220, or 240V. One of them will almost certainly be your best option for charging at home.

I'll be really surprised if you have 380V at home. If you do, you'd still need the CHAdeMO charger in addition to the adapter - the big external box that converts it to 400V DC before feeding it to the car.

Yes, the wall charger and mobile connector will work on 120, 220, or 240V. One of them will almost certainly be your best option for charging at home.
thank you >> yes at home i have 220v and 380v >> but finaly we using 220v ?
but can you give me link or video how is lik charger for 220v ? becouse am afried to buy adapter or charger and it's will not work ?
Model X

thank you >> yes at home i have 220v and 380v >> but finaly we using 220v ?
but can you give me link or video how is lik charger for 220v ? becouse am afried to buy adapter or charger and it's will not work ?
Model X

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for or how to help you. I don't know anything about electrical standards in Ukraine.

A US Spec X will charge successfully from anything on the page you linked - aside from the CHAdeMO adapter, they're all basically just extension cords providing wall power to the car to charge with.

Here's the installation manual for a US Spec wall connector, if that helps?

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...nstallation_manual_80A_en_US.pdf?201612081439

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for or how to help you. I don't know anything about electrical standards in Ukraine.

A US Spec X will charge successfully from anything on the page you linked - aside from the CHAdeMO adapter, they're all basically just extension cords providing wall power to the car to charge with.

Here's the installation manual for a US Spec wall connector, if that helps?

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...nstallation_manual_80A_en_US.pdf?201612081439

here what i want :D
the car coming with out charger or anythink :( what charger you recomend to buy in ukraine 240v > :)
sorry for many quetion :) but am new in tesla life :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 11.58.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 11.58.22 PM.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 110
here what i want :D
the car coming with out charger or anythink :( what charger you recomend to buy in ukraine 240v > :)
sorry for many quetion :) but am new in tesla life :D

I really don't know what you're dealing with over there. The Wall connector is generally a pretty good choice for most people, but you'd probably want an electrician to install it.

I think you really need someone who knows what's involved over there better to talk to. Maybe the folks from teslasevice Ukraine mentioned a few posts back?

Reactions: oliver4ever
I really don't know what you're dealing with over there. The Wall connector is generally a pretty good choice for most people, but you'd probably want an electrician to install it.

I think you really need someone who knows what's involved over there better to talk to. Maybe the folks from teslasevice Ukraine mentioned a few posts back?

it's 80 A ? or 40A ?

it's 80 A ? or 40A ?

Most US specifications model Xs are capable of charging at up to 48 amps, which under US electrical code requires a 60 amp rated wire and breaker.

Some cars are equipped with a high capacity 72 amp charger, requiring 90 amp wiring and breaker.

You can always dial the charge level down to something less, either in the car or on the setting dial of the wall connector.

Reactions: oliver4ever