Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I hit a curb. How can I fix this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A75E50BE-550F-479F-A9CB-8ECB4FAF6CC4.jpeg i hit a curb. How can I fix this? No dent. Just needs paint I think.

Did the same thing to my BMW :( Steps I followed and before/after below. It's not perfect but better than repainting whole bumper cover.

1) Using 2000 grit smooth out surface
2) apply touch up paint to area and slightly surrounding area
3) wet sand with 3000 grit
4) apply more touch up paint as needed
5) wet sand again
6) optional: apply more paint if needed and resand
7) apply clear coat
8) wet sand
9) more clear coat
10) last round of wet sanding
11) polish with random orbital

87gYwqr.jpg

I’m not good at fixing things. Should I take it to Tesla, body shop, or detailing place.

Take to bumper repair ..Tesla outsources most of body shop work and than u will pay body shop prices ..honestly this is a easy DIY as noted the detailed steps above ...also the DR color chip kit makes things easier take a look at their website it’s nothing complex

Take to bumper repair ..Tesla outsources most of body shop work and than u will pay body shop prices ..honestly this is a easy DIY as noted the detailed steps above ...also the DR color chip kit makes things easier take a look at their website it’s nothing complex

I wouldn't call this "easy". I tried to do this on my Miata (sand > polish > paint > clear-coat > polish > clear-coat) and the bumper came out matte and dull compared to rest of car. DIY depends on experience and dexterity. Great job, @Adam3.

The dr color chip simplifies the paint/clear coat process ..the OP doesn’t sound to comfortable doing so best let a bumper repair shop tackle the fix ...Tesla SC won’t do for you they would send off to body shop which may take longer

Wow! nice job for DIY

Did the same thing to my BMW :( Steps I followed and before/after below. It's not perfect but better than repainting whole bumper cover.

1) Using 2000 grit smooth out surface
2) apply touch up paint to area and slightly surrounding area
3) wet sand with 3000 grit
4) apply more touch up paint as needed
5) wet sand again
6) optional: apply more paint if needed and resand
7) apply clear coat
8) wet sand
9) more clear coat
10) last round of wet sanding
11) polish with random orbital

87gYwqr.jpg