Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I hit my head a lot on the trunk hatch latch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that because of the low angle, the break mechanism could not handle the weight of the door.
Can you put a stick to avoid the door failing on you.

Otherwise, in general I put my groceries on top of my back seat, because I find it more easy than opening the rear hatch.
Also I have some seat covers, and I put a black towel on top of the itemsto hide them from the outside.
Its not falling, I am the one who head butts it.

I am 6'2" and have no problem with the trunk latch, but my garage has a pretty high ceiling and I can open it all the way. I have, however, conked my noggin when standing at the side of the car and reaching over the rear quarterpanel to put something in the trunk (I was parked too close to a wall and couldn't easily squeeze all the way behind the car and was too lazy to move the car forward first). There is a sharp point in the trunk lid on the side, opened my scalp with lots of bleeding. Twice (slow learning curve), but I have learned my lesson.

A 'knock' sensor to open the frunk, like for the Aptera, would be very practical:

Nice! How 'bout clap on clap off
Screenshot_20230208_065851_Chrome.jpg