Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I joined the light side....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Arrived today, M3LR 2021. It is a beast. No name yet. All suggestions will be considered.
I went through the attached list. No issues what-so-ever. No gaps, no panel misalignments, everything worked as it should.
Charged the car at home with 47 miles/hour speed (74km/hour).
Powerlift trunk is amazing.
Frunk is filled with emergency equipment, great space to have and only to use on special occasions.
I bought all weather mats from Tesla, they look amazing, fantastic quality rubber too.
All in all very good first impression and very happy with the delivery. I was terrorized from all the horror stories but i have to say it all went well. I used my time to go through the paces so delivery took about 45min-1hour. The representative handed me the keys, informed about the tyres and a few other stuff and went his way.
The sound system kicks ass. It might be on par with the best HK systems i have owned. Really good stuff. Spotify, Tune in and DAB radio integration is amazing too. Can't praise enough.

One thing I noticed, not really some fault or missing from what it was in the contract but really cheap of Tesla.
I paid 2000 USD for the winter tyres in addition to the 1500USD for upgrade to the 19'' turbines. They were delivered without Aero caps. That's ok, i checked the contract and it said they were not part of the deal. But the centre 3 inch cover of the wheel bearing/nut was not there. I mean come on Elon.... it is a 50k car, throw in 125 cents for the covers instead of having customers driving without them power-washing and causing bearing issues.... Luckily i had some home so i did not say anything. It was a minor issue but still... a bit silly to deal that way.

Another issue (that i will fix myself and i wont even bother to complain to Tesla about) is the new door threshold covers fell right off when i came home. The glue is some water soluble material and when it got wet from when they washed the car it just fell off... I cleaned it with some windex and a towel and my fingers and i put some M3 tape.... not a big deal but it would be a shame if one of them got lost somewhere on the way home.

Tesla has come a long way from the first Model S i had. I can also confirm that the model 3 is the best EV in the market right now in its class. Hands down. Call it range, performance, charging network, features, high tech, efficiency, whatever you want. The whole package is superior to the competition.

It is snowing here so i won't be able to have a shining clean photo until spring (started snowing today :( )
I hope all new owners get to have the same experience and people will have less and less horror stories :)
IMG_20201204_192246.jpg
IMG_20201204_182043.jpg
IMG_20201204_184515.jpg
Screenshot_20201204-192842.jpg

Attachments

• Tesla Acceptance Checklist.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 68
I forgot to add that even the 1500km free charging was in my loot box so all in all pretty great experience. The only thing i noticed is that it is valid for 6 months only. Is that normal?

At least here in the US it is normal for there to be an expiration date on those miles, depending on what promotion was in place when you bought the car. I would say that sounds normal.

Reactions: Arpe and thewallaby