Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I jumped in...on a CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can finally move away from the For Sale threads and join this group! I pulled the trigger on a 2015 p85d with 21k miles as a CPO. The only cosmetic flaws I can find are a scratched mirror cap ($100 to $150) and some curb rash on the wheels. I even had a friend offer to gift me his wheels from his model S as he upgraded.

Cant wait to participate more here!!

Congrats! Post up pictures and your thoughts on the new program..
Thanks!
So far, I have not been terribly impressed with the CPO program. It feels like a lot of the burden falls on the buyer, which seems at odds with the cost of the vehicle. But I know it is a work in progress.

The car itself seems excellent, minus a few cosmetic issues: Metallic Blue, tan next gen seats, sub zero, high fidelity, and air suspension!

I jumped in on a CPO P85D two months ago. The purchase process (in Texas) was the worst of ANY car I have ever purchased. That being said, the experience from delivery onward has been incredible. Tesla needs to get their act together on used/pre-owned/CPO cars. They gave me 6 pictures to make a purchase decision. There were no close-ups and none with good lighting. Its fair to say that nearly every automobile listing on eBay has better/more photography to document the condition of a pre-owned vehicle. there was a 2 week periord of poor communication from the moment I left my deposit to receiving the vehicle. During that period there was a litany of fedex envelopes and requests for strange documentation required to bypass Texas laws that require a privately owned dealership. In the end, it turns out that my 10K mile P85D is nearly perfect. The interior and exterior literally had no scratches and minimal swirl marks. After 2 hours with a buffer, the paint now looks new (maybe better than new?) The only flaw was dilapidated leather on the steering wheel, which Tesla replaced under warranty while I waited.