TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I jumped in...on a CPO

Discussion in 'Model S' started by WISluggo, Jul 12, 2018.

1. WISluggo

WISluggo Member

I can finally move away from the For Sale threads and join this group! I pulled the trigger on a 2015 p85d with 21k miles as a CPO. The only cosmetic flaws I can find are a scratched mirror cap ($100 to $150) and some curb rash on the wheels. I even had a friend offer to gift me his wheels from his model S as he upgraded.

Cant wait to participate more here!!

• Like x 4
  2. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

Congrats! Post up pictures and your thoughts on the new program..

3. WISluggo

WISluggo Member

Thanks!
    So far, I have not been terribly impressed with the CPO program. It feels like a lot of the burden falls on the buyer, which seems at odds with the cost of the vehicle. But I know it is a work in progress.

The car itself seems excellent, minus a few cosmetic issues: Metallic Blue, tan next gen seats, sub zero, high fidelity, and air suspension!

4. glide

glide Member

There was another thread going on that mentioned that particular car. Good luck with the purchase. Hope it checks out okay.

5. Smokin

Smokin Member

I jumped in on a CPO P85D two months ago. The purchase process (in Texas) was the worst of ANY car I have ever purchased. That being said, the experience from delivery onward has been incredible. Tesla needs to get their act together on used/pre-owned/CPO cars. They gave me 6 pictures to make a purchase decision. There were no close-ups and none with good lighting. Its fair to say that nearly every automobile listing on eBay has better/more photography to document the condition of a pre-owned vehicle. there was a 2 week periord of poor communication from the moment I left my deposit to receiving the vehicle. During that period there was a litany of fedex envelopes and requests for strange documentation required to bypass Texas laws that require a privately owned dealership. In the end, it turns out that my 10K mile P85D is nearly perfect. The interior and exterior literally had no scratches and minimal swirl marks. After 2 hours with a buffer, the paint now looks new (maybe better than new?) The only flaw was dilapidated leather on the steering wheel, which Tesla replaced under warranty while I waited.

• Like x 2