Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just bought the car of my dreams! A 2011 3.0 Roadster!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very Orange and Carbon Fiber go so well together.

I want to order the carbon fiber front spoiler and rear
Diffuser for my car. Is it hard to install these ? Did you do the install Of the side ducts ? They don't look easy
To install.
Do you know how many Very Orange Roadsters are still on the. road ? Gruber was saying they
Are rare.
Your car looks great, with nice mods. Very Orange is the best color .

Reactions: Bunnak

Diffuser for my car. Is it hard to install these ? Did you do the install Of the side ducts ? They don't look easy
To install.
Do you know how many Very Orange Roadsters are still on the. road ? Gruber was saying they
Are rare.
I know that Very Orange is not the rarest of colors...that would belong to Brilliant Yellow and Lightening Green. As for how many of our roadsters are out there... @DeedWest will know. I've heard that the rear diffuser and spoiler are actually easy to install. If I were you I would order them, try to install them and if you don't feel comfortable then just drive over to your trusted body shop and let them do it. The side ducts though are a challenge from what I was told--I would definitely leave that to the body shop guys.

To install.
Are rare.

the rear diffuser was a PITA. there are "slots" in the rear bumper that it screws onto with little self tapping scres, so if you're mis-aligned on one side by just a fraction of an inch you need to just about start over.

bigger screw holes in the diffuser to allow some more adjustment would fix this.

i will caveat this by saying my install was by myself on my back with the car on ramps.

on a lift with 2 people, i imagine it would be less *!?#!! inducing

• Informative
Reactions: DeedWest
Yes, that was one of mine (you can see it in my Avatar). It was a pleasure to sell Ken that
car. It went to the right owner I'm not sure if he or Tom will sell their car first...it will be a VERY
VERY cold day in hell I suspect. I took off the wrap and left it on the emblems and the tail lights
as well as the side markers because, well, look at it!!

It is perfect as it, has new Yokahamas and needs only the PEM and HID lights done. I recommended
at least get carbon-ceramic pads for the brakes but Mr. Moneybags will definitely spring for the
upgraded brakes, Pete will handle all of them, I've already made the arrangements.

ENJOY THE CAR, KEN!!

Did you do the install Of the side ducts ? They don't look easy
To install.

Not terribly difficult. You can do it yourself with hand tools. My preferred way is to remove the rear deck (piece between the rear window and clamshell) and go in from there. Three nuts hold each vent to the body. Might have to pop off the clamshell struts to get better access and wiggle the vents through. Can also jack the rear up and go in through the wheelwells.