Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just configured a Chevy Bolt. How much does yours cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wilhelmspencer

Model 3 Reserved 3/31/16 In Store 10:20 PST
Jan 30, 2015
Lynnwood, WA
The Chevy Bolt configuration tool went live today:

Chevy Bolt EV for Sale: 2017 Bolt EV Pricing | Chevrolet

For a comparison, I configured a Bolt as close as I could to what I want in my Model 3 and it came out to $43,905.

I was impressed that this was extremely close to what I am preparing to pay for my Model 3. I will never buy a Bolt but just thought it was fun to do the comparison.

Thoughts?

But what if you wanted to make a single 500+ mile road trip in all the time you own the car... You'd have to make a 9 hour pit stop.

It might be a fun little city car for anyone without friends or family.

What do you mean? There is an option to add DC fast charging on the Bolt. Yes it would take more planning and they don't have access to superchargers, but it can still do long trips.

Reactions: gene and Eclectic
The bolt has it's place in the EV world. I configured mine fully loaded with all the options. Over the past 4years I have leased 2 Leafs and 1 BMW i3 even with only 60 - 80 miles range they have served me well. I could see getting a bolt. Sure it's not for everyone but no need to knock it down for a good engineering effort just because it's made by Chevy.

The Chevy Bolt configuration tool went live today:

Chevy Bolt EV for Sale: 2017 Bolt EV Pricing | Chevrolet

For a comparison, I configured a Bolt as close as I could to what I want in my Model 3 and it came out to $43,905.

I was impressed that this was extremely close to what I am preparing to pay for my Model 3. I will never buy a Bolt but just thought it was fun to do the comparison.

Thoughts?
Can you outline your choices and do a comparison with the Model 3?

For example, I think I want AWD, a larger battery, and at least enhanced AP.