Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just de-wrapped my interior [removed aftermarket wrap]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was starting to have some bubbling from my interior wrap, so I decided to try and fix it. When that fix went sideways, I just remove the wrap to restore the interior back to its former glossiness. I have a 2019 Model 3 SR+ with white interior.

I had the dash, console, and door switches, front and rear wrapper in 3M Carbon Fibre. I don't recall the company I purchased from. It was very clear that the 3M 2080 wrap is far superior to the 3M 1080 wrap for removal. The front console was wrapped with the 3M 1080 wrap and the dash was wrapped in 3M 2080. The dash wrap came off in one piece. The centre console with the 3M 1080 wrap was very brittle and came off in tiny little pieces. A huge pain.

If I had to do this again, which I might, I will make sure all the wrap is 3M 2080.

After taking the wrap off it's like I have a brand new car, and I'm not hating the gloss centre console.

Anyone else de-wrap their interiors?

Model 3 & Y Alcantara Dashboard Replacements Black - $299

I just installed matte black covers for the piano black center console (crazy design choice for a place that is constantly touched!). $30 on Amazon and they are very impressive. Looks OEM. Just to clarify, they are hard covers and not wraps

Attachments

• Console.jpg
    Console.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 138