Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just duct taped my Model X...per instruction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my X in August (vin 122xx) and have been lucky there have been no major issues. I started having lots of phantom obstacles all around the car last week, so when I was reversing at .5 mph to park (me, not the car), I ignored a sensor since I didn't see an issue and I gently bumped a trash can next to the road. And that caused my passenger side mirror panel to pop off, exposing all the wiring. Some tabs broke and it can't pop back on.

After 8 unreturned calls to the San Rafael service center, we finally talk to Dublin and they said we can't drive it in the rain (and, of course, it will finally rain) and it would take weeks to get the part, paint, etc. I got Roadside Assistance to finally connect with San Rafael, since 1) this is my only car, 2) it is our family car for our 1.5 year old twins, and 3) we are going out of town tomorrow. They ordered a new panel, but we were told to put a plastic bag and duct tape the side mirror.

So I just duct taped my beautiful, expensive blue Model X. If you see us on the road, please know this hurts me much, much more than you... :(

Man i am sorry to hear this... It sucks SC don't have spare parts in stock but then again even garages don't care any more parts.

Can we have a picture ?:)

I feel like an @sshole.
IMG_4399.JPG IMG_4400.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4400.JPG
    IMG_4400.JPG
    369 KB · Views: 143