Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just got an FSD offer… :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that is what clued me in. I would have just completely not known about it otherwise... Maybe others were sending in suggestions, and they followed up on it because those people were in the same boat as me; When I first subscribed to FSD monthly, the Autopilot area said "Navigate on City Streets Coming Soon" and the choice was greyed out. The second time I subscribed, I didn't even drill down to that menu again...

Yes, that is what clued me in. I would have just completely not known about it otherwise... Maybe others were sending in suggestions, and they followed up on it because those people were in the same boat as me; When I first subscribed to FSD monthly, the Autopilot area said "Navigate on City Streets Coming Soon" and the choice was greyed out. The second time I subscribed, I didn't even drill down to that menu again...
So essentially you were intending to subscribe to what is essentially Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) then? Sounds like you would be a good candidate for an EAP subscription. Personally I wish there was such a thing, and maybe there will be. EAP-like capability is becoming increasingly available on other makes, possibly as part of an upper level tech package, but nowhere near as pricey as EAP is on Tesla.

So essentially you were intending to subscribe to what is essentially Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) then? Sounds like you would be a good candidate for an EAP subscription. Personally I wish there was such a thing, and maybe there will be. EAP-like capability is becoming increasingly available on other makes, possibly as part of an upper level tech package, but nowhere near as pricey as EAP is on Tesla.
Pretty much, yes. We were taking a trip down to LA and it was honestly just a chance to wow some friends with summon and autopark, and the lane keeping and changing on the freeway.

To be honest though, after getting used to just the basic non FSD self driving (not even EAP) I think I’m perfectly happy parking and changing lanes myself. And summon is turning out to be jyst a gimmicky thing to show off once in a blue moon under highly staged conditions.

If FSD was like $1,500 I would jump at it, but even for the mega fanboys and girls the price they charge is just too outlandish even for people who can easily afford a Tesla… just my opinion…

Reactions: RTPEV
as I always suspected, there are tesla owners out there who have FSD and never knew about FSDb, safety score qualifications, etc. And now that it's "wide", there's still people who don't know they can just request FSDb. It's actually somewhat assuring that there are people out there who don't follow Tesla and Musk like a hawk.
I don’t have EAP or FSD…. Can I still request FSDb?

I don’t have EAP or FSD…. Can I still request FSDb?
At the present time I don't think you need to "request" FSDb. You simply have to subscribe to FSD and as long as you have the latest software (and click all the accept buttons on the dislaimers), you can get access to FSDb. At least that's how it worked on my wife's new (to her) Model Y that included FSD (unbeknownst to the used car dealer that sold it to us!)

At the present time I don't think you need to "request" FSDb. You simply have to subscribe to FSD and as long as you have the latest software (and click all the accept buttons on the dislaimers), you can get access to FSDb. At least that's how it worked on my wife's new (to her) Model Y that included FSD (unbeknownst to the used car dealer that sold it to us!)
I assumed I probly had to have it before beta. That’s awesome dealer didn’t know car had FSD!

I assumed I probly had to have it before beta. That’s awesome dealer didn’t know car had FSD!
Yeah, off topic, but it also had Homelink, full set of rubber (plastic?) floormats (including in the frunk and trunk), and even the tow hitch package! The dealer was completely clueless (the salesman had no idea how to even get into the car).

Now, we bought it literally the weekend before the price drop, so we paid almost as much as a new base vehicle would have cost, but we got all those goodies included!

• Helpful
Reactions: Sambub
Yeah, off topic, but it also had Homelink, full set of rubber (plastic?) floormats (including in the frunk and trunk), and even the tow hitch package! The dealer was completely clueless (the salesman had no idea how to even get into the car).

Now, we bought it literally the weekend before the price drop, so we paid almost as much as a new base vehicle would have cost, but we got all those goodies included!
I still can't believe homelink is an add-on...to a $50k car...

I wonder what the use-rate is for homelink. I know many people who have homelink in their cars and yet they still have the door opener clipped to the visor because they don't know they have it or don't know how to use it.
I don’t doubt that happens. I was mildly stunned when I found out it was deleted at some point before I got my M3P. My 2003 Infiniti had it stock, and that car was less than half the cost of a Tesla. *shrug* I suppose Tesla got to a point where they had to eliminate/charge for stuff to keep costs down. To be honest, I’d rather give up Homelink though than have them cheap out on the motors or drivetrain…