Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just ordered MY SR today (Feb22)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in Vancouver, BC
Just ordered MY SR today thru SA.

white exterior/black interior/ 5seats / no hitch
SA says there are a few left in Van.

No price changed. $56,180 + tax
No VIN yet but SA says it’s in Vancouver now. I probably will be asked to pick it up by end of this week.

In fact, I don’t need this car till end of May. My current lease will expire then.

Should I buy NOW or wait for LR RWD (and or Upgraded Standard Range Plus)?
I’m guessing LR RWD would be around CDN $60,000 + tax. With BC rebate($3,000 if it’s not drained), it’s around $7k difference.

What a guessing game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
I’m in Vancouver, BC

No VIN yet but SA says it’s in Vancouver now. I probably will be asked to pick it up by end of this week.

In fact, I don’t need this car till end of May. My current lease will expire then.

I’m guessing LR RWD would be around CDN $60,000 + tax. With BC rebate($3,000 if it’s not drained), it’s around $7k difference.

What a guessing game.
Isn’t the LR 69k?

I’m in Vancouver, BC

What a guessing game.
I'd think with the rebate you may want to do it and not gamble if it wil or won't be available.

If we can help you protect it when you pick up, please let us know. We've helped a great deal of forum members with their clear bra, tinting and ceramic coatings =) Can take a peek at our Tesla specific website too.

Wait hold on, So you guys are saying if we order off menu, we can still get the 5000 ZEV and 3000 BC credit (which was just topped up again?)

I was under the impression that the (now) off menu doesnt qualify for the $5000 government rebate? Am I mistaken?

Wait hold on, So you guys are saying if we order off menu, we can still get the 5000 ZEV and 3000 BC credit (which was just topped up again?)

I was under the impression that the (now) off menu doesnt qualify for the $5000 government rebate? Am I mistaken?
Model Y never qualified for the federal $5000, and for BC $3000 incentive, I believe it does not matter whether the car is on or off the menu as long as the eligibility for the program is met.