Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just received my Model X last week and the rear vents aren't blowing enough air.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Model X last week and the rear vents aren't blowing enough air.

I’ve been researching online after realizing the B pillar vents aren’t putting out any wind, that the 5 seater only has 1 ac unit. Meaning no wind from the pillars, and the middle vents are shared with the vents up front and it’s barely blowing any air out. So my kids are sweating in the back seat, while we are freezing up in the front trying to cool down the whole car.

I’m getting the car tinted tomorrow, so hopefully that’ll help, but I feel pretty bad after spending $100k, that my kids wont be as cool as us up in the front.

Am I missing something here?

I’ve been researching online after realizing the B pillar vents aren’t putting out any wind, that the 5 seater only has 1 ac unit. Meaning no wind from the pillars, and the middle vents are shared with the vents up front and it’s barely blowing any air out. So my kids are sweating in the back seat, while we are freezing up in the front trying to cool down the whole car.

I’m getting the car tinted tomorrow, so hopefully that’ll help, but I feel pretty bad after spending $100k, that my kids wont be as cool as us up in the front.

Am I missing something here?

That’s unacceptable plain and simple

Unfortunately Tesla doesn’t really show , unless I’m missing something , that 6,7 seaters have dual ACs ..I have driven 5 seater and AC is bad in back ...I have six seater and the dual ACs make huge difference ..I also use photo sync tint which drops temp inside considerably

Unfortunately Tesla doesn’t really show , unless I’m missing something , that 6,7 seaters have dual ACs ..I have driven 5 seater and AC is bad in back ...I have six seater and the dual ACs make huge difference ..I also use photo sync tint which drops temp inside considerably
Some are insistent that there is only one AC but the emergency responder guy states 'rear HVAC'.

Search for HVAC in this PDF: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...16_Models_X_Emergency_Responders_Guide_en.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Pretty lame is you ask me. Maybe the OP can get a USB fan in the backseat for his children in the 100K vehicle.

Yea, I ordered inventory model, so I had no idea different seat configurations had different hvac system. Who even thinks a 5 seater cross over may not have ac in the back?!

I did order some usb fans, but how stupid is that? Using flimsy usb fans on a $100k car...

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Yea, I ordered inventory model, so I had no idea different seat configurations had different hvac system. Who even thinks a 5 seater cross over may not have ac in the back?!

I did order some usb fans, but how stupid is that? Using flimsy usb fans on a $100k car...

Trust me it is really stupid. People still need air in the back seat its crazy. They are the same distance someone in the direct back seat of a 6 or 7 seater is.

Reactions: Roamer
I do not believe than any Model Xs have two airconditioners. That fire fighter mention was regarding the cooling system for the batteries.

The 6 and 7 seaters have additional vents, but still use the same front AC.

5 Seater cooling is provided by one pillar vent on each side, 2 centrally mounted rear vents in the center console and two large rear facing vents under each of the front seats.

In my X there is plenty of rear seat cooling unless a passenger is sitting in harsh direct sunlight. Then I need to reduce the front vents to force additional cooling to the rear.

It is really easy to balance front and rear flow by using the sliding front vent dampers.

Reactions: WattsSon
I know this could be open to interpretation, but I think it does means that there’s an additional AC unit.

CD628057-B3A2-4BAA-AF69-E834771D7535.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Roamer and P85_DA