Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just received my Model X last week and the rear vents aren't blowing enough air.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Model X last week and the rear vents aren't blowing enough air.

I’ve been researching online after realizing the B pillar vents aren’t putting out any wind, that the 5 seater only has 1 ac unit. Meaning no wind from the pillars, and the middle vents are shared with the vents up front and it’s barely blowing any air out. So my kids are sweating in the back seat, while we are freezing up in the front trying to cool down the whole car.

I’m getting the car tinted tomorrow, so hopefully that’ll help, but I feel pretty bad after spending $100k, that my kids wont be as cool as us up in the front.

Am I missing something here?
I learned yesterday that an ac issue I had was running my camper mode too long in hot weather causing ice to build up and muffle something, apparently they are working on firmware fix. Bug report captured it! Very cool

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
rear heater:

https://i.imgur.com/9b6kGLR.jpg

9b6kGLR.jpg

This might not be the awnser your looking for, but theres a wide selection of aftermarket stuff thats pretty neat, there are portable air conditioners that plug into the cigarette lighter and usb ports, some of which fit into cup holders etc.

I’ve been researching online after realizing the B pillar vents aren’t putting out any wind, that the 5 seater only has 1 ac unit. Meaning no wind from the pillars, and the middle vents are shared with the vents up front and it’s barely blowing any air out. So my kids are sweating in the back seat, while we are freezing up in the front trying to cool down the whole car.

I’m getting the car tinted tomorrow, so hopefully that’ll help, but I feel pretty bad after spending $100k, that my kids wont be as cool as us up in the front.

Am I missing something here?

Your performance sounds in line with past experience, so it seems normal.

The 6 and 7 seaters add a rear HVAC unit to the right side of the trunk as well as C pillar vents. These are not in the 5 seater as has been stated in this thread. This rear unit runs second-row vents as well in the 6/7 seaters.

On the 5 seater all vents (forward and second-row) are run by the forward HVAC system. This has resulted in less than satisfactory performance according to some users, yes.

One trick that has been proposed is closing a couple of the forward vents, that then allows more air to go to the back.

This is discussed and researched in much technical detail in this thread: A/C Effectiveness in 5-seat configuration - Predictions?