Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just reserved my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the club! Go lease an econo-EV while waiting for a Tesla to whet your appetite :D

Oh I wish I could, but my commute is 120 + miles round trip and I have no way to charge at work. :( So the only EVs I can get are the Volt (which would get me halfway there on battery and home on gas) or wait for the Bolt. But given my commute, I would be racking up easily 35k per year and there's no lease that goes that high. So I guess I'll just have to be content with my Prius until it becomes time to trade up to the sexy rocket ship. :)

Reactions: wilhelmspencer
Nobody told me that actually making the reservation would make me even more impatient than I was before! This is going to be a long 2 years....

Welcome fellow AV resident! I also have a long commute (80mile r/t up to the base). We are mostly super commuters here in the AV it seems.

I did get myself a Volt two years ago and it did reduce my gas costs by about half as you have calculated. Wish I had charging at work, though. That would be awesome and it would mean no more weekly trips to the gas station!

Oh I wish I could, but my commute is 120 + miles round trip and I have no way to charge at work. :( So the only EVs I can get are the Volt (which would get me halfway there on battery and home on gas) or wait for the Bolt. But given my commute, I would be racking up easily 35k per year and there's no lease that goes that high. So I guess I'll just have to be content with my Prius until it becomes time to trade up to the sexy rocket ship. :)
There are a number of RAV4 EVs coming off lease right now. The RaV EVs are a Tesla/Toyota "love child" can do your RT on a single chart, very quick and have SUV storage. The battery is a 40 and lots of fellow owners report a 140 mile range. Expect to see them off lease for about $22K. They were only sold in CA 2012 - 2014 with a very limited run of just around 2400 I believe. I pursuaded my parents to buy one to replace my mom's Lexus RX and she loves it when she's able to wrestle it away from my dad. We borrow it whenever they go away on vacation. It's a joy for errands and freeway usage but makes the wait for my Tesla a little more painful when I have to return it to their garage.

Welcome fellow AV resident! I also have a long commute (80mile r/t up to the base). We are mostly super commuters here in the AV it seems.

I did get myself a Volt two years ago and it did reduce my gas costs by about half as you have calculated. Wish I had charging at work, though. That would be awesome and it would mean no more weekly trips to the gas station!

Yeah the biggest thing for me is not actually the fuel savings (although that's great in itself). The big thing is the autopilot. Using AP on my daily commute along the 14 will make my day so much less stressful.

Reactions: Az_Rael
At this point you reserved the M3 for your grandkids.
>>Can't say how this will play out, but it will certainly be interesting... however the story is finally written. I think the OP fits right in here with a healthy glass of "kool-aid" optimism.

I stood in line for an early deposit @ the open on the 29th (My best estimate is that I'm likely in the first 35K orders) and will be quite impressed if I see a delivery in 2018. That being said, "IF" Tesla does ramp up to the "500K by 2020" figure that Elon has tossed around, burning thru that backlog is certainly doable.... but ramping up production at anything close to that timeline is going to require significant investment dilution. The current production curves can't possibly scale the returns required for meeting these goals.

But... If you have to have a problem... This isn't the worst problem to have!

Some friends and I took a stab at estimating where we are in the line up and when we would get our cars. We incorporated a the priority being given to current Tesla owners and employees. We thought it was pretty cool so we turned it into a website, we're going to keep working to improve the algorithm and estimate as we get more information. You can give it a try if you like, and we're definitely open to any suggestions you might have? Keep in mind that it only provides an estimate so its going to be off - but keep checking back as we refine and improve our algorithm!

Tesla Model 3 Reservation Counter

Some friends and I took a stab at estimating where we are in the line up and when we would get our cars. We incorporated a the priority being given to current Tesla owners and employees. We thought it was pretty cool so we turned it into a website, we're going to keep working to improve the algorithm and estimate as we get more information. You can give it a try if you like, and we're definitely open to any suggestions you might have? Keep in mind that it only provides an estimate so its going to be off - but keep checking back as we refine and improve our algorithm!

Tesla Model 3 Reservation Counter

Why mess with the RN number at all? Have the user supply the date and time they placed the order, and give an estimate based on the known reservation curve that's adjusted on country and whether the person is a previous Tesla owner or not.

Why mess with the RN number at all? Have the user supply the date and time they placed the order, and give an estimate based on the known reservation curve that's adjusted on country and whether the person is a previous Tesla owner or not.

Hi Pando,

Yeah, totally agree - we've taken the RN out of it. We originally thought it would be a good password that people could easily go back and reference in their inbox. We've since changed it so people just create a password.

We've already incorporated whether the person is currently a Tesla owner or employee. And we're working on incorporating the regional factor, this is a bit harder but hopefully we'll have a new version of the algorithm soon. When you log in you'll be able to see your estimate based on each version of our algorithm. We'll also include some notes so you can know what we changed with each update.