Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I keep forgetting to charge when I get home....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It can happen...I haven't done it often, but you come home from the grocery, with kids/teens, unloading car with armloads of stuff, think "I'll go right back out and plug in" and the next thing you know it's 7am the next day and you have 36% battery and a full day of work appointments ahead. :eek:o_O:mad:

The rage of having to drive the wife's ICE for the day is more than enough to make you remember!

It can happen...I haven't done it often, but you come home from the grocery, with kids/teens, unloading car with armloads of stuff, think "I'll go right back out and plug in" and the next thing you know it's 7am the next day and you have 36% battery and a full day of work appointments ahead. :eek:o_O:mad:

The rage of having to drive the wife's ICE for the day is more than enough to make you remember!

Exactly. Or you get in the garage and hear a screaming match between daughter and wife and although you consider going back to work to escape it...you creep in the house slowly with hopes that nobody hears you come in and then you hide.... Good example of when I may forget to charge.

During the last four years I have not had that problem, but... I made it an early rule to always pug in, anywhere I could. Of course there were not many public chargers back then, so it was necessary. I recommend pretending you are fearing you'll have no other options so make plugging in at home as automatic as opening your door.

Put a big Tesla pillow on your bed... One like

Tesla throw pillow.jpg

Attachments

• Tesla Scrat.jpg
    Tesla Scrat.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Funny
Reactions: Gavyne
Yeah but why on earth do people insist on charging when it reaches a level vs just charging every night? This is not a gas tank! I guess it is prerogative, but IMO silly.

"Insist"? I don't plug the car in every day, but I don't insist on not plugging it in every day. I just.. don't.

I charge my phone, next to my bed, every night, whether it needs it or not. The car? Car can go 2-3 days between charges. The charge cable can only really reach it if I back in. If we're just popping into the house for a bit, or if the street is busy when we're pulling in, we just pull in forwards. Usually my wife doesn't back the car in, either. So, sometimes I go out at night and turn the car around and plug it in just for grins, but usually I leave the car parked the way it is, so if it's not backed in, it's not charging. *shrug* Not really an issue, at least not yet in 4000 miles. No forgetting, no "close calls".