TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I keep hitting the wrong buttons

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by vjlvjl, Apr 25, 2016.

1. vjlvjl

vjlvjl Bluebird

I am constantly hitting the wrong buttons on the touchscreen to open doors. When I want to open the front passenger door, I hit the right Falcon Wing Door button and vice-versa.

My brain thinks the front door buttons must be the top ones and the rear door buttons must be the back ones. But that is not how it's depicted on the touchscreen. The front door buttons are behind the rear door buttons. See picture.

Anyone else feel the front door buttons ought to be above the Falcon Wing Door buttons. Should be an easy change because there is enough real estate on the screen. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

I haven't made the same error, maybe because the buttons for the falcon wing doors are next to the visual diagram of the falcon wing doors.

Think of the falcon wing doors opening higher than the front doors. The higher buttons are for the doors that open higher.

If you push the higher buttons, the falcon wing doors could crash and smash into low parking garage beams. Maybe that thought will help reimagining the touchscreen image to make more sense.

• Like x 1
  3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I have found myself thinking the same thing but so far have corrected myself each time.

4. modelx007

modelx007 Member

I can see exactly how this can happen.

5. swesson

swesson Member

I completely agree. It is confusing. I haven't gotten it wrong yet, but it causes a slight pause each time i want to use it. Over time, I have found myself using these buttons less and using the buttons on the door more.