Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I knew this day would come...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just not so soon. Had my new wheels for exactly one week and just curbed the rear right. :(

3A4D721B-9F04-4720-8F80-B87F628252D6.jpeg

That's how it goes. I feel ya.

My S came with 21s, but I ordered the T Sportline TST 20s so I could have all-season tires. Babied the 21s for weeks while waiting for the backorder wheels. Finally guy them, and then curbed both driverside wheels the next day.

That's how it goes. I feel ya.

My S came with 21s, but I ordered the T Sportline TST 20s so I could have all-season tires. Babied the 21s for weeks while waiting for the backorder wheels. Finally guy them, and then curbed both driverside wheels the next day.

Oh man. Well I guess I can say I feel your pain. I’m already planning to take it to a collision shop this week to repair the frunk “ding of death.” Add refurbish a rim to the list

The support means a lot, as well as the stories of others with the same experience. I told myself not to go down that road and did it anyway. Vossens were ~$2k (not including tires). $150ish is worth it. I'll be more careful from here on out

Feel the pain. Couple years back I took European Delivery of a BMW M3. In an unfamiliar country road and unfamiliar car I ended up curbing both front and back of passenger side wheels on the same day while driving on the road. Ouch.

Luckily it was covered by $0 deductible insurance included in their European Delivery program so I got new wheels when I took re-delivery in the US.

“We” (enthusiasts) increase our chances of curbing wheels because we generally look for end spots to park, which means concrete on one side. We also try to get as close to said concrete so that oblivious people parked next to us may ding our doors. Pick your poison I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saghost
“We” (enthusiasts) increase our chances of curbing wheels because we generally look for end spots to park, which means concrete on one side. We also try to get as close to said concrete so that oblivious people parked next to us may ding our doors. Pick your poison I guess.
My "problem" is street parking. I've been lucky not to curb my passenger side wheels when parallel parking, but in Cincinnati EV owners can get a free sticker that allows for free parking at all metered spots. I use it a lot in the area around downtown, but pulling in nice and tight to that curb every time is a little nerve-wracking. Then again, most of the garages downtown are pretty tight too.