TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I know Model 3 is Priority But GEEEZZ - Parts Supply

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Whistle2Whine, Apr 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Whistle2Whine

Whistle2Whine Member

So...I didn't know they ran THIS lean. Succinctly, they replaced my passenger seat a month ago...and haven't been able to track down a drivers seat since. Worse, they have NO IDEA when one might be made. Everything coming off the line is allocated either for a car in production or spoken for by another parts depot.

My car is fine...it's just an annoying thing to deal with on a car that costs this much and is otherwise rock-solid. Who at Tesla is responsible for parts and service? I'd like to escalate to that guy.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Not exactly sure how the 3 is related, since they haven't started producing them yet! We all know about the general parts issue, though. Parts seem to be allocated to the S and X production more than replacements.

3. davinci2017

davinci2017 Member

I'm waiting for 3 months on side mirrors and the dash trim with no ETA. Non-critical but man I didnt think it would take this long. They really need to start figuring these things out.

4. phaduman

phaduman Supporting Member

Can't agree more and I think other forums/avenues must be used to bring more awareness within Tesla - this should be a topic for The Tesla Show Podcost.

I think the biggest curse of owning a MS/MX is..... repair time. You just don't want to be in any accident (or in the of OP issues - quality issues - granted seats may not be that critical but other other pieces could be), and lose months of usage. 4months-6months waiting to get the car back. If someone has leased for 2 or 3yrs, imagine out of the car for 6months.

5. Whistle2Whine

Whistle2Whine Member

I put the 3 in the title because it's the only explanation that makes any sense for them STILL not addressing their parts supply chain issues after almost 5 years of volume car production. I'm fortunate, I can use my car and they did replace ONE of the ordered seats. It's just that they seem to have not nailed down a reliable, informative loop between parts suppliers and service centers.

6. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

cc @JonMc .. also touch up paint for blue metallic please :)

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Gotcha.... I do agree they need to get the parts production (enough for both internal and external) and the new certification program for repair shops both up to speed ASAP.

• Helpful x 1