Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I know Model 3 is Priority But GEEEZZ - Parts Supply

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...I didn't know they ran THIS lean. Succinctly, they replaced my passenger seat a month ago...and haven't been able to track down a drivers seat since. Worse, they have NO IDEA when one might be made. Everything coming off the line is allocated either for a car in production or spoken for by another parts depot.

My car is fine...it's just an annoying thing to deal with on a car that costs this much and is otherwise rock-solid. Who at Tesla is responsible for parts and service? I'd like to escalate to that guy.

Can't agree more and I think other forums/avenues must be used to bring more awareness within Tesla - this should be a topic for The Tesla Show Podcost.

I think the biggest curse of owning a MS/MX is..... repair time. You just don't want to be in any accident (or in the of OP issues - quality issues - granted seats may not be that critical but other other pieces could be), and lose months of usage. 4months-6months waiting to get the car back. If someone has leased for 2 or 3yrs, imagine out of the car for 6months.

I put the 3 in the title because it's the only explanation that makes any sense for them STILL not addressing their parts supply chain issues after almost 5 years of volume car production. I'm fortunate, I can use my car and they did replace ONE of the ordered seats. It's just that they seem to have not nailed down a reliable, informative loop between parts suppliers and service centers.

I put the 3 in the title because it's the only explanation that makes any sense for them STILL not addressing their parts supply chain issues after almost 5 years of volume car production. I'm fortunate, I can use my car and they did replace ONE of the ordered seats. It's just that they seem to have not nailed down a reliable, informative loop between parts suppliers and service centers.
Gotcha.... I do agree they need to get the parts production (enough for both internal and external) and the new certification program for repair shops both up to speed ASAP.

• Helpful
Reactions: blueskies