Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I like my car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my car. The Prius will be replaced by a Model 3 to achieve an ICE-free household. I have taken a 2,000-mile road trip. I have driven my car in cold and hot. I drive it everyday for work and fun ... to the pace of 38,000 miles a year.

Gasoline is dead.

- K

Lets write a Letter to Elon and have everybody sign a petition!

Facts:

1. My kids won't let my wife or I drive any other car when we drop them at school.
2. When going on any errand both kids fight over who gets to control the screen - so I have to assign a Mobile DJ - to manage the music
3. My wife said she really didn't want a Tesla then put 12,000 miles on it is six months (twice what she normally drives)
4. She didn't get upset when I sold the Sienna last week , but made me promise to buy her an X!!!
5. I bought her a Miata for our anniversary and it never gets driven. We've had the car for a year and it only has 3000 miles on it!!!! (mostly my daughter and I driving it)
6. I love the electric powertrain so much a bought a Zero Motorcycle too!
7. I love that I just upgraded to LTE - what car company lets you do that without raiding your wallet??? (hell the NAV DVD update for my Sienna was twice as much)
8. I love the software updates
9. I love the torque
10. I love the body style...
11. I love not getting out in the rain/cold to "fuel the car"
12. I love not smelling like gas
13. I love not getting oil changes
14. I love not having to touch the brake pedal during most of my commute
15. I love my Tesla
16. I love watching "muscle" cars disappear in my rear camera
17. I love watching "performance" sport bikes disappear in my rear camera
18. What a great family sedan!!!!
19. I love the safety
20. I love the silence and how the music sounds without engine noise!

Good list, agree with all of the above...and...

I am getting really tired of listening the whiney, selfish, more literal than an eight year old malcontents, constantly picking nits...it's a great car, but nothing is perfect...nothing! get over it!

I'm pretty damn happy with my car as well -- nothing else on the road I'd like to own currently (except maybe a P90D with P85+ handling). I'll be the outsider here though, and say there's nothing wrong with being happy with some things and speaking out on others. It's not a binary situation.

I love both my Teslas...and I love this thread!! No person and no company is perfect, and Tesla does make mistakes now and then, but I've been getting tired of all the negativity around here lately. Yes, some things need fixing but we can also enjoy what we've already got.

Good list, agree with all of the above...and...

I am getting really tired of listening the whiney, selfish, more literal than an eight year old malcontents, constantly picking nits...it's a great car, but nothing is perfect...nothing! get over it!

I feel the same. We all drive cars that, for general understanding of how things work in this upside-down world, should never exist in the first place. What Musk and Co have pulled off here is beyond unbelievable. Everyday I drive my car and I feel great. Beyond great. I feel hope for humanity and in awe of our collective capabilities as a civilization. The car is an expression of all things i desire to aspire to become. Note, I said desire to aspire... as the odds-beating, world-beating nature of this machine actually existing and being in my driveway is unlike anything I would have even suggested happening in my life time.

And then there are the attributes of this machine.... it is much faster/quicker than any Porsche, AMG, or S-class Audi I have owned. It looks amazing. The best automotive design out there. It handles beyond reality....and it doesn't stop there.

My car runs 100% on the sun.

Just like that guy who wrote about his "spaceship of light" running on the sun, my solar powered car has been fueled for 2200 miles from 100% solar energy. I mean, come on...

People need to get real to understand what once-in-a-lifetime transformation we are all lucky enough to participate in. And the P85D is fast as hell.... stop analyzing the KW usage graph and HIT THE ACCELERATOR... and enjoy the launch. My 2 cents. ;-)

Or maybe some people just like to complain, or thrive on conflict. I know more than a few people that are like that.

I love my car too, and bringing concerns to light is a good thing, but I agree things have gone way overboard here lately.

I could easily spend as much time as I do on TMC on the Nissan Leaf forums, but I have no interest in doing that. There are a million things I could complain about in my Leaf, but I've just given it up as a lost cause.

Tesla has created a very exciting brand that is innovation dominated. Our cars are constantly evolving and changing and the Model S is unlike any other car. I therefore find TMC much more interesting and it is also why I feel a certain connection with the brand. I call out Tesla when I feel like they've crossed me or if I don't like the direction something is headed. I hold them to a higher bar and I feel that this is warranted. Tesla is not "just another car manufacturer."

Great thread...although I do sympathize with the P85D folks and understand where they're coming from.

Having true car ADD and being a complete ICE car performance nut, I can unequivocally say that the 70D is the absolute best daily driver I have ever owned.

The one feeling I get that I don't get in any other car I've owned (including multiple 911 turbos, Audi R8 V10, etc) is the absolute gut feeling that: I'm driving the future. It's as if I've stolen a car from 2025.

But Apacheguy: I thought the Leaf was a good car, a low-cost ambassador for the EV world. Personally I'm glad they're there and glad that a major manufacturer like Nissan is making them.

Sure, my point was merely in comparison to the Model S, the Leaf is far from an exciting vehicle. Hence, why I spend so much time around here and hold Tesla to a higher bar.

+9572 to all of you. (For every mile I've put on my car since 3/20/15)

Sometimes, I have a fleeting thought to trade mine in for the newer, faster, fancier model. But then I get in my car for my daily 80-mile commute (to work, to school) and I realize I freaking love my car. (Bugs, rock chips, muddy kid prints, dog scratches, curb rash and all)

I love both my Teslas...and I love this thread!! No person and no company is perfect, and Tesla does make mistakes now and then, but I've been getting tired of all the negativity around here lately. Yes, some things need fixing but we can also enjoy what we've already got.

This is a perfectly fine way to express that sentiment, while the labels used in the post below are pretty much over-the-top in my opinion.

I'm sort of neither camp. I too get fatigued reading the endless negativity and have some concerns that prospective buyers will come away with the impression that everyone has the pitchforks out, but I also recognize that the complaints have merit and have been ignored by Tesla and that people can legitimately feel upset that they didn't get what they expected. I'd like this thread a lot better if it was focused on how much we love the car and less on how we feel about other posters.

I'm sort of neither camp. I too get fatigued reading the endless negativity and have some concerns that prospective buyers will come away with the impression that everyone has the pitchforks out, but I also recognize that the complaints have merit and have been ignored by Tesla and that people can legitimately feel upset that they didn't get what they expected. I'd like this thread a lot better if it was focused on how much we love the car and less on how we feel about other posters.

That was my intent when starting it.

To that end: people still stare at my car and give me a thumbs up randomly, even in this Tesla-crowded SF Bay Area.