Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I lost my phone and key card in the middle of road trip, tesla is locked, how do i get in? can mobile services help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ramrom

Dec 24, 2021
usa
If i'm on a road trip, in the middle of nowhere.
but my tesla has a mobile connection.

My car is locked.
Say I lose my key card and phone on a hiking excursion. no way to get in.

Is there some way to unlock and/or start my tesla? really could tesla mobile services remote unlock and start the car?

If i'm on a road trip, in the middle of nowhere.
but my tesla has a mobile connection.

My car is locked.
Say I lose my key card and phone on a hiking excursion. no way to get in.

Is there some way to unlock and/or start my tesla? really could tesla mobile services remote unlock and start the car?

1. Install tesla app on the phone of someone you are with. Use tesla app on their phone to open and start car.
2. Get to a phone and contact someone else who already has access to your car with the Tesla app. Ask them to remotely open and start the car
3. Contact someone who has a smartphone but does not have the tesla app installed. Walk them through installing the tesla app with your credentials, have them open and remotely start the car.

Last resort would be tesla, since you would have to prove ownership to them (you know, to prevent people from lying about ownership and remotely accessing some car they dont actually have access to / own)

You have WAAAAY more options here than virtually any other car type or brand, but sure you can come up with a hypothetical situation where you would be stuck.

What if the car had no cell signal, you lost both phone and keycard, and there was no way to contact anyone at all?

Upvote 0