TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I love all colors of model 3.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AndrewAllen, Sep 10, 2019.

1. AndrewAllen

AndrewAllen Member

I keep seeing more and more cars on the road and each time I see a different color than mine, I just stare and think how nice it looks. Not that I wish I had that color, just that they all look great. I think for the basic colors they did a great job.

However white interior is superior!!! Lol

• Like x 2
  2. 640k

640k Member

the "white" headliner already gives me anxiety. i owned what i called a "whiteboard white" vehicle for 12 years. i'll never do white anything ever again.

except MAYBE one of these...
    [​IMG]
    (i'm on the left)

• Like x 1
  3. zyzz

zyzz Member

My commute is primarily in one of he most tesla congested routes (milpitas to san mateo via 280 mostly) and I try to actively gauge which color is the most popular and it really depends on the day. Some days, I see mostly white cars, some days I see predominantly blue cars on the road - only color i dont see too often is red or silver.

I wish they still were doing silver. Theres a silver model 3 with white interior and that thing looks luxurious

yesterday on my commute home, i was 1 of 4 black model 3s within eyesight.

• Like x 2
  4. VeronaRob

VeronaRob Member

Just like Jimmy Carter said at one time, you "lust in your heart"....... Tesla.jpg

5. JulienW

JulienW Active Member

Then you haven't seem more than 5 :eek: since there are only 5 current and 1 deleted for a total of 6 colors.

6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Silver and white does indeed look good on the Model 3. :cool:

76A2C6CD-5033-44E9-B0D9-ECFEEB4D5792.jpeg

• Like x 1
  7. zyzz

zyzz Member

@ecarfan ever park nearby the sm fire dept or that middle school nearby? Im wondering if thats your car im referencing

8. rickdogg82

rickdogg82 Member

I like silver best as well although red is a close second. I just wish a tan/black two-tone interior option was available.

9. CharleyBC

CharleyBC Member

7, actually. Don't forget the briefly available Obsidian Black. Hard to tell apart from regular Black unless you get close.

Plus the bonus colors. I've seen copper and forest green in the wild, but those are wraps. And someone posted pictures of their orange Model 3 on one of the fora.

10. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

All I wanted was a bright color that isn't red. Ideally a really bright blue… but the blue they offer is far too dark in anything other than intense direct light… and might as well be black when it comes to swirl marks.

Green, orange, yellow, even purple would have been fine. The brightness of the red is perfect, I just am not a red car person.

But no, they decided to offer boring colors. I've given them more accurate names below:

I Love Swirl Marks Black.
    I Am Old Blue
    When I Want Excitement, I Put On a Beige Cardigan White Pearl
    Honestly, I Just Gave Up Silver.
    I Am One Of The People Who Can Pull This Off Red
    Let's Be Honest, You Got It Because Everything Else Was Worse Grey Metallic.

I got the last one, which tesla calls "midnight silver"

11. CharleyBC

CharleyBC Member

I don't own a cardigan of any color. Just for the record.

• Funny x 2
  12. JetFalcon

JetFalcon Member

I've sat in one of those new Ford GT. It's very cramped and seats are as hard as a rock. Very tiny screen, like barely any screen. I saw one in a parking lot, the guys driving it worked for a magazine / car company and it was for display, so they let me sit in it. I don't think they owned it, it was just a company perk to get to drive it around.

It's def a true race car, nothing convenient about it.

It's amazing how these exotic cars can look so big but the interior is so small.