Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I love my leaf , but ....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

one2many

Aug 16, 2019
germany
Well my 24Kwh leaf is super, for 20 miles a day to work and back.
At 55mph I can drive an hour . So we did this this to wait for a
real car, save a ton of money on gas, my wife made the decision.

Fast forward to the rental of a model 3 yesterday on the autobahn.
Tires were a little noisy, a little wind noise at 90Mph. Well a leaf cannot
go 90mph. Road feel more like a BMW not an "S" class.

Loved the big screen, dash not so much.
We have solar and we need about 200 miles range to avoid
charging.

My wife asked me when we are getting one. enough said, me too
We will have one in 5 months, not waiting on the others years out models.

Also, they offer wood grain and white dash, so maybe try to see both in person. I got the wood grain and love it, especially at night. No eye fatigue from the gauges.. which you would think the screen would make worse but I think since it’s in your periphery it’s not too bad.

Also, they offer wood grain and white dash, so maybe try to see both in person. I got the wood grain and love it, especially at night. No eye fatigue from the gauges.. which you would think the screen would make worse but I think since it’s in your periphery it’s not too bad.
You do have this choice, but not exactly. You can get black seats with wood dash or white seats with white dash. You can't order white seats with wood dash.

Nice to hear you and your wife had a great experience yesterday driving it. I wanted to share that I too was unsure about the minimal dash area including one center screen but the look grew on me quickly and now I find anything else cluttered and busy. It's a great car. Hope to see you back here posting when you get delivery.

Why do women love electric cars, I wish I was younger
I often felt that many men are gear heads and enjoy the rev and gears and clutches along with throwing a few shifts around while feeling the torque from each gear. Woman I feel enjoy the ease of getting in the car, putting foot on brake and driving away. No gears, no key, no start button and no engine to be worried about. Reach your destination, just get out. No shutting off the engine, no grabbing keys, ect. Then there's those nasty fueling stops no longer.

Reactions: KenC
At 55mph I can drive an hour . So we did this this to wait for a
real car, save a ton of money on gas, my wife made the decision.

Fast forward to the rental of a model 3 yesterday on the autobahn.
Tires were a little noisy, a little wind noise at 90Mph. Well a leaf cannot
go 90mph. Road feel more like a BMW not an "S" class.

Loved the big screen, dash not so much.
We have solar and we need about 200 miles range to avoid
charging.

Who is providing Model 3 rental in Germany? I have a couple of German friends who are Tesla curious.

I wanted one, but the wife did the test drive of the Tesla and said she hated it. So we drive a Nissan Plus now. Not as cool as the SR+ would have been, but similar range (about 250 usable freeway miles a charge) and much quicker than our 2013 Leaf was. Enjoy the car.

I still have a ‘13 LEAF, and while I no longer love driving it, it’s very practical for those times when I want to park it somewhere and not worry (like long term at the airport). Other things that I have on the Leaf, but miss on the M3:

- Around view monitor
- Heated steering wheel (yes, I do use it on those frigid Hawaiian winter mornings :D)
- Good rear visibility

Hope Nissan gets their act together and sets up a battery reconditioning program in the US!

I wanted one, but the wife did the test drive of the Tesla and said she hated it. So we drive a Nissan Plus now. Not as cool as the SR+ would have been, but similar range (about 250 usable freeway miles a charge) and much quicker than our 2013 Leaf was. Enjoy the car.
If the test drive wasn't her idea, I'd put the car settings on something as similar as possible to a regular car, like Chill and low regeneration. There's enough going on in a new car without having to relearn how to use your pedal.