Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I LOVE my MSP but................

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The service center says that Tesla said that "they have seem this before" and the shims fixed the issue. My big issue is that I just waited 6 weeks for the parts and Tesla never mentioned the shims. I really not sure what I will do. I personally hate the Yoke steering wheel. Way to much of a gimmick.

M

PS - It is really nice to get my MSP back noise and all. The loaner 2018 MS 75D was extremely disappointing.

The service center says that Tesla said that "they have seem this before" and the shims fixed the issue. My big issue is that I just waited 6 weeks for the parts and Tesla never mentioned the shims. I really not sure what I will do. I personally hate the Yoke steering wheel. Way to much of a gimmick.

M

PS - It is really nice to get my MSP back noise and all. The loaner 2018 MS 75D was extremely disappointing.
Maybe the active noise cancelation feature will sway you once it’s enabled. ;)

I am really confused. The Tesla app says that Tesla part 1066608-01-C (SHEAR PLATE,TRQ RCTN ARM,PRDN,STMP) was ordered for my MSP. The service manager said he had to order a shim?

M

1066608-01-C. .jpg

ISSUE FIXED !!!

The bracket fixed the issue. Fingers crossed that it stays quiet.

If you have a marble rolling sound when you accelerate and cluck sound when de-accelerating than ask the SC if you model have the 1066608-01-C Shear Plate installed. The sound appears to be coming from frame underneath. Apparently some models are being delivered without it.

M

Reactions: namikun
Thanks for sharing a link to this on the other thread, Annoying sound Episode 453.

I always wonder if they say one thing but do another. For instance, "We're not going to say what the problem is, but we'll order a part that might have something to do with the issue, but while we are installing that part, we'll 'clean up' a different, known issue that we are not proud of."

You know... like, maybe there is a nut that comes loose somewhere due to incorrect torque. It could potentially be a recall situation due to the nut coming off a seat mount. When someone complains about it, say is a bracket or shim or whatever since those have been updated and should be upgraded, then, when the customer brings in the car, we'll fix the seat bolt issue with the correct nut and torque but not talk about it or document it to prevent future lawsuits.

While I LOVE my Tesla, I know they have a history of doing some shady stuff to try to skirt some regulatory restrictions in order to get to profitability or stay profitable. I used to work at SpaceX and am aware of some of the things they did to build their rockets as inexpensively as possible. NEVER was it a compromise on safety, but it might not have been sound business practices elsewhere in the business. Nothing that should be whistle-blown by any means; just ruthless business to get the job done.

I want to reiterate, I NEVER saw anything that would call into question the safety of the rockets! I would ride a Space-X rocket sooner than any other rocket out there.