Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I LOVE my MSP but................

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I have had my 2020 MSP for a year now. Love it except one crazy thing. One thing has always bothered me is that when I accelerate or brake or let off go pedal there is a noise as if something is rolling down a channel. So I have taken apart the console and the removed the back seat and still it persist, no glory. My wife thinks it is in the passengers side channel next to doors. I am a veteran and lost a bunch of my hearing working around aircraft and munitions. But that particular frequency of this crazy noise I can hear very well.

My question is: Is this issue covered by warranty? I would obviously pay someone if they could fix which would save me $$$ as I am considering selling and purchasing a new MSP.

Any advise would be most appreciated.

M

Ripped all of the rocker panel and door post out. Found nothing. Noise seems to becoming from under the floor under the passengers seat. So does anyone know if there is space between cabin floor and top of battery cover? Could something be rolling around on top of battery cover? Is it even possible to inspect or access that area?

M

Reactions: pdwitt
Is it possible that a screw or other item fell in the air duct under the front seat (accessible from the back of the seat)? This happened to a few Model 3 owners and the Model S has an air duct down there as well.

I hope you find it. I vaguely recall someone posting that they used a magnet to fish it out. Someone else had a Tesla technician go on a ride with them and help them pinpoint the location. This was all in the Model 3 forum.

Well I made a 3 ft piece of thin stainless rod with a hard disk natural magnet on end. No glory on either side. I even tried leaving it in the duct on both sides no change in noise. So far I have removed the back seat, console and all the interior floor trim. Spent the better part of 2 weeks and found nothing. I will schedule an appointment with the service center which is 2 hours away. i offered a $200 cash tip if they fix it. if not i will then put this wonderful car up for sale because of that stupid one rattle.

m

Well I made a 3 ft piece of thin stainless rod with a hard disk natural magnet on end. No glory on either side. I even tried leaving it in the duct on both sides no change in noise. So far I have removed the back seat, console and all the interior floor trim. Spent the better part of 2 weeks and found nothing. I will schedule an appointment with the service center which is 2 hours away. i offered a $200 cash tip if they fix it. if not i will then put this wonderful car up for sale because of that stupid one rattle.

m
Such a bummer! I was hoping you’d find the source. I am very susceptible to rattles and unpleasant noises too and can relate. Please keep us posted and good luck!

Took the MSP to Service center. Diagnosis is a a front motor mount issue. They wanted to order parts before disassembling. Could still be a nut or something from the front motor mount is rolling around on the Titanium battery shield. Service team seemed very professional which was great. They used something called the 'Chassis Ears" to isolated the noise. Fingers crossed will post any updates.

M

Update - I am still waiting on parts to fix the irritating noise in my Tesla. They ordered 2 parts they did not stock.

- LHS Mount Assy, Raven (Part # 1134682-00-C) (which they now have received)
- FRGD MNT ASSY, DBL ISO, LHS MTR MNT, SDU-F (Part # 1055368-00-G)

No date given yet. Glad the vehicle is drivable.

M

Part # 1134682-00-C.jpg

Part # 1055368-00-G.jpg

Reactions: namikun and All In