TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I love this freaking car!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Al Sherman, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Everyone I know is sick and tired of hearing about my Car Of The Year. I'm sorry. I just can't help it.

Sometimes I just want to tell anybody how much I love the car and why.

So I started this thread for myself and others to "let it out" in a safe environment.

No rules, judgement, whining, or snippiness. Just a place to let it out amongst folks who "get it."

So let me start.
    Have I ever mentioned that: I LOVE THIS FREAKING CAR!?

Feel free to try it. It's very therapeutic. :smile:

2. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

I tell my husband I love you..then I say...and my Tesla too :)

3. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

4. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I'm sure everyone in my building at work thinks I'm obsessed with my car. And they aren't wrong. I get wound up when people show excitement or enthusiasm for it, and I'm finally actually letting a select few test drive it. I love when someone drives it and after the first test of the acceleration they say, "omg, I have to get one of these!"

5. Al Sherman

I drove to and around Cincinnati yesterday. Had at least a half dozen admirers. Including a thumbs up from a guy riding a bicycle, picture takers, close inspections (while driving), and one guy hanging out the window applauding.

Have I mentioned that I love this freaking car?

6. Owner

Owner Active Member

Couldn't resist.... Yes you have mentioned it already.

7. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I have consciously had to begin tempering the number of Tesla articles I post on Facebook...I think I'm inducing some Tesla fatigue there...still probably post something once a week, but I've cut back from the multiple posts per day!

8. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

+1000
    I tell myself to stop posting so much about the MS because others will think I'm bragging, but then another thing comes out, like, "best car ever tested by Consumer Reports", or "Safest car ever tested" and I can't help myself...:crying:

9. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Now there's something that never happened in my Ferrari. :)

I'm just amazed at how many people recognize the Model S. You can see it in their expressions.

10. lorih

lorih Member

Actually, that is why I went to TESLIVE this year. I don't even own one, but all I ever talk about to my friends is how amazing Tesla is, so I went to TESLIVE to be with other people that 'get it'. As a bonus, I think I made some friends along the way, and have something to look forward to for next year.

Now I still talk to my friends about Tesla, but it is pretty much the first 10 minutes we speak, and we move on to other topics (instead of me dominating the conversation the whole time over dinner).

:smile:

I get the rest of my extra Tesla enthusiasm out here on this forum...thanks TMC for making me a Geek among Geeks, instead of just a freak!
    :wink:

11. Al Sherman

Yes. The flip side is when they pull up along side of you and you can tell they're in there discussing what it is. Maybe I should get a small but readable sign that says; "It's a Tesla Model S.":smile:

12. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Yes Al you did. But as the Latins said "Repetita iuvant" (Repeating things is good). :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

This is nice. I laughed a lot for this. :biggrin:

13. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

I don't have mine yet (late October), but I can tell you that it's been YEARS since a car has gotten to me like this one has. I'm very impressed with the company and the founder as well. Being able to flip the bird at the Oil Companies even in a symbolic way, feels really good. We filter and bottle our own water here at home so we can flip the bird at "Big Water" too. It's a nice feeling to not be putting any more money into either of their corrupt pockets.

I saw my first one a few weeks ago and now I'm seeing them every day. They are the new thing here and it's not hard to figure out why. This is quickly becoming the new BMW for the high tech Engineer. :D Personally,I was initially knocked out by the styling. They really nailed it. The fact that it was completely electric captured my imagination. It's been a bug in mind since the Roadster came out. Never thought it would happen this fast. Anyway, I freakin' love this car too! I can't wait to get MINE!

14. Al Sherman

My One Year Anniversary

Picked the car up a year ago yesterday.
    Rather than a lengthy review (and new thread) I'll summarize my findings after a year:

I LOVE this freaking car!

I'm not sure I've ever mentioned that. :smile:

9680 miles/2958kWh/306Wh/mi

Onward!!

15. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

I've had mine for a few months now and all I can say is, I freakin' love mine too!