Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I made a cable hanger to charge from the middle of my garage.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20200614_101052.jpg
20200614_101015.jpg
20200614_101029.jpg

I thought I'd share; I just put this together, this morning. About $75 in from the local hardware store, and two hours to string it up.

My wife parks on the right-hand side of the garage and likes to nose in, so now she can do that without schlepping cable to and from the HPWC.

Also, I'm considering the Mini SE, whose connector is on the car's starboard aft, so I'll be able to nose in on the left and share the HPWC (with this: Tesla to J1772 Adapter – EVSE Adapters ).

Last edited:
nice... I just bent up a wire coat hanger :) works fine. Doesn't look like much is supporting that long cross piece though, so it can't be too strong or stable. My wire hanger comes off of the rails for my garage door. Your rails are high up cuz your garage ceiling is quite high...

nice... I just bent up a wire coat hanger :) works fine. Doesn't look like much is supporting that long cross piece though, so it can't be too strong or stable. My wire hanger comes off of the rails for my garage door. Your rails are high up cuz your garage ceiling is quite high...
It's a double garage door, so I don't have a rail in the middle of my garage, hence my cantilever solution. My conduit arm is supported by a steel cable that can be adjusted with a turnbuckle.

Reactions: BEPA400
I use a retractable tool holder (like a heavy duty spring loaded key holder). Cost was under $20. Keeps the charger up high out of the way when not plugged in and there's no excess cable on the floor when it is plugged in.
I thought of that, but I didn't like the idea of dragging the cable and retraction string across the tail of the car when plugging in.