TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I made a change to my order. When do they charge the change fee?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Powered By Jay, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Powered By Jay

i made a change online through the edit link. I didn’t read the fine print about the $500 change fee until after I made the change. I don’t see any $500 charges on my credit card and no change fee is itemized in my order agreement. When do they charge the change fee? Could it be when I actually pick up the car?

2. little1er

little1er Member

some have said that you only get charged that after you've been assigned a VIN

3. KenF

KenF Member

As I understand it, there are no change fees for making changes online, however, by making changes, you could delay your delivery,

Once your VIN is assigned, you must call to make changes, and there is a $500 fee.