Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I made Heated Fan style windshield washer nozzles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm Canadian and my MS came with the cold package which means heated windshield washer streamers. Keyword here is streamers. Since that's what they do is shoot 2 very directed streams at the windshield, provide little coverage and the only thing I truly thing Tesla screwed up on.

So after overcoming the frustration of trying to order parts through the service center, I finally got the standard non-heated washer fan style nozzles. The ones that actually provide good coverage of washer fluid on your windshield. I was ok with forgoing the heaters. After all I lived in Canada my whole life and never needed them, then you have global warming, yada yada.

BUT (there's always a but) ... Upon inspection I realized the fan style washer jets, had an area where the heaters "could" go. Took a little coercing (re: sandpaper) but I was able to get it to work.

Fan Style washer part #: 1052887-00-C

IMG_6989.jpeg IMG_6990.jpeg
The heated (stream) and non-heated (fan) washer jets. You can see the fan style ones have an area where the heater can go

IMG_6991.jpeg IMG_6992.jpeg
Small screwdrivers, some snips, and eventually you can pry that heater out

IMG_6993.jpeg
This is what the heater looks like. It's covered in some epoxy like substance to seal it from the elements

IMG_6995.jpeg IMG_6996.jpeg
Using 100-grit sandpaper I sanded the edges down so I can get it to fit into the fan style washer. Take your time here and keep test fitting as you go. Also make sure you sand it square. I put the sandpaper on my table and would move the piece back and forth while it's on the table to keep it square

IMG_6997.jpeg
modified heater inserted into fan style washer jet. Just before installing I did add some hot glue around the edges where the heater inserts in to make sure it stays sealed before installing.

Hello,

Very nicely-written post, with helpful photos. I just followed your instructions and everthing went just as you described.

One slight variation -- I used a Moto-Tool cutting disk to cut the old nozzles open along the top surface. They opened up nicely, with no stress on the heating element assembly.

Thank you!

John Cutter

2023-03-13 17.54.17  Xfer Heating Element to New Nozzles.jpg

2023-03-13 17.56.41  Xfer Heating Element to New Nozzles.jpg

Just done mine. Pretty reasonable job - I used a belt sander and carefully removed the top material, skimmed down the potting around the heater bit which looks like a blue capacitor, then used some epoxy. Hot melt glue felt a bit wrong for a heated device which may melt it in use!
Fan jet is far better