TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I made some things with my 3d Printer - thought I would share

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by RichardD, Apr 2, 2017.

1. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

I saw a post on facebook where someone was making UMC holders etc, so I thought I would dip my toe.

I ordered a Monoprice 3d Printer and quite a few different colors of ABS plastic, we need ABS for its higher melting point. It seems to be less forgiving during print but, I am learning so this is fun.

Here are my ABS Settings in case anyone wants to copy.
    ABS Settings.JPG

Here is the cable holder mid build. I made this as a lower quality to see how it would come out, as medium to high quality takes 14-18 hours.

Cable Holder.JPG

Here it is installed:
    Cable Holder Completed.JPG

Then I made a UMC Holder, this took about 4 hours to make:
    IMG_8798.JPG
    UMC Mount Side.JPG
    Here it is installed:
    UMC Mount Complete.JPG

I am working on a few other cool ideas that I have been modifying from Thingverse.

Thanks for looking and drive safe.

• Like x 11
  2. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Great!

Now, can you start making console guides for different cell phones & cases...

3. RichardD

can you show me what you mean?

4. Allanf

Allanf Supporting Member

Richard, just wondering, which model 3D printer did you buy?

5. RichardD

I bought the monoprice select for $400 from Amazon, but I am returning it. I had some issues with the heated bed, and now the cooling fan is making a grinding noise. Their service seemed ok, but they are M-F so I opened a return with Amazon and am looking at other models. The 600 monoprice unit is one of my options. It looks like I will mostly print in ABS plastic so I am leaning towards and enclosed unit though. The monoprice does not come with the enclosures but they can be found.

6. Allanf

Allanf Supporting Member

Thank you for sharing. The cost is surprisingly low considering the amazing technology involved.