Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I made some things with my 3d Printer - thought I would share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a post on facebook where someone was making UMC holders etc, so I thought I would dip my toe.

I ordered a Monoprice 3d Printer and quite a few different colors of ABS plastic, we need ABS for its higher melting point. It seems to be less forgiving during print but, I am learning so this is fun.

Here are my ABS Settings in case anyone wants to copy.
ABS Settings.JPG

Here is the cable holder mid build. I made this as a lower quality to see how it would come out, as medium to high quality takes 14-18 hours.

Cable Holder.JPG

Here it is installed:
Cable Holder Completed.JPG

Then I made a UMC Holder, this took about 4 hours to make:
IMG_8798.JPG

UMC Mount Side.JPG

Here it is installed:
UMC Mount Complete.JPG

I am working on a few other cool ideas that I have been modifying from Thingverse.

Thanks for looking and drive safe.

Richard, just wondering, which model 3D printer did you buy?

I bought the monoprice select for $400 from Amazon, but I am returning it. I had some issues with the heated bed, and now the cooling fan is making a grinding noise. Their service seemed ok, but they are M-F so I opened a return with Amazon and am looking at other models. The 600 monoprice unit is one of my options. It looks like I will mostly print in ABS plastic so I am leaning towards and enclosed unit though. The monoprice does not come with the enclosures but they can be found.