Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I make my Model Y a Home on Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I hear of stories of people choosing to "live" their life on the road in a vehicle, I do ponder the difference between someone living in their Tesla vs. someone living in their 2010 Pathfinder because they can't afford/live in [insert expensive city]. One person is struggling to survive and society frowns on their choices and life situation. The other person is looked at in awe or incredulity. Both are doing the same thing, but for drastically different reasons.

When I hear of stories of people choosing to "live" their life on the road in a vehicle, I do ponder the difference between someone living in their Tesla vs. someone living in their 2010 Pathfinder because they can't afford/live in [insert expensive city]. One person is struggling to survive and society frowns on their choices and life situation. The other person is looked at in awe or incredulity. Both are doing the same thing, but for drastically different reasons.
Part of it is the Tesla having Camp Mode as opposed to the Pathfinder’s Backpacking/Survivalist Modes. Not to make light of homelessness, of course. If you can afford a Tesla then living in it short term is clearly a choice/experiment and not a last resort.