Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I may have the best/funniest production flaw ever

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got my car properly detailed, as the 'detail' Tesla did was full of swirls - looked like a 3-year old car full of bad wash damage. Looks amazing now, however, now that the surface is nice and clear, I found this gem of a flaw. It's a handprint in the paint! It's the paint, as I did work it through to be sure it wasn't leftover from the polish, but as you get close you can see it's under the clearcoat surface. I guess at least it's not two hands next to one another like that famous internet meme

(taken as a reflection, as it's Deep Blue Metallic - color and car look amazing btw)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 1.00.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 1.00.47 PM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 216
I finally got my car properly detailed, as the 'detail' Tesla did was full of swirls - looked like a 3-year old car full of bad wash damage. Looks amazing now, however, now that the surface is nice and clear, I found this gem of a flaw. It's a handprint in the paint! It's the paint, as I did work it through to be sure it wasn't leftover from the polish, but as you get close you can see it's under the clearcoat surface. I guess at least it's not two hands next to one another like that famous internet meme

(taken as a reflection, as it's Deep Blue Metallic - color and car look amazing btw)

Obviously you have an invisible person Fing with you... have you noticed any other odd things around the house?

When I toured the Fremont factory they intentionally didn't take the tram anywhere near the paint department. They said that the paint department is so sensitive that our colognes and perfumes would mess things up if we just passed through the area. Yet, with all this caution, someone puts their hand on the freshly painted car. Insane.

First off, great job on the pain correction. At first I though I was looking at a photo of the ceiling of your garage. Second thing, I kinda think I'd keep it. It's kind of a special signature that no one else can say they have. And you could always say it Elon's handprint. Who's gonna know different. ;)