Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I might have to get the update after all :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
After reading all the negative reviews here, I've been avoiding it like the plague

but . . .

today I got a message saying my time had run out and if I wanted a functioning car, I'd better start the download

I'm not exactly looking forward to this

Reactions: EmbersDC
After reading all the negative reviews here, I've been avoiding it like the plague

but . . .

today I got a message saying my time had run out and if I wanted a functioning car, I'd better start the download

I'm not exactly looking forward to this
I think it will still work, just no LTE on the road.

I hoping I can wifi hotspot from my phone, still get navigation for supercharging pre-conditioning.

I was forced to download it last night. 2/20/22 was the requirement. I hate the UI. It's horrible.

1. Most of the functions used during driving are not available on the main screen.
2. Most of the functions available on the main screen are not used during driving.

Not a fan of color change either, but I can deal with that. Real issue I have is going into sub menus for functions that should be on the main screen. At the least allow all function buttons to be placed on the bottom bar. Why restrict it to games, toys, calendar, phone, etc?

^^^This
While I think everyone agrees stupid changes we’re made (moving seat heaters, wipers, etc) it’s just really not that difficult. Unless you want it to be.
It's not practical. Why are there buttons for toys and games? This is not a console for games. It's a car for driving. I shouldn't be able to access useless functions such as phone, calendar, text, games, browser WITH ONE CLICK (and not clickable while driving) when usable functions are 2-3 clicks away. Do we really need eyes away from the road? People are bad drivers to begin with.

Simply put, it's not practical. The UI is horrible and I designed/developed user interfaces for a top three insurance/financial firm in the country. I'm sure my background in leading design teams makes me irk at this UI even more so. But, you are correct. People will get used to it. Fact remains it's horribly designed.

It's not practical. Why are there buttons for toys and games? This is not a console for games. It's a car for driving. I shouldn't be able to access useless functions such as phone, calendar, text, games, browser WITH ONE CLICK (and not clickable while driving) when usable functions are 2-3 clicks away. Do we really need eyes away from the road? People are bad drivers to begin with.

Simply put, it's not practical. The UI is horrible and I designed/developed user interfaces for a top three insurance/financial firm in the country. I'm sure my background my leading design teams makes me irk at this UI even more so. But, you are correct. People will get used to it. Fact remains it's horribly designed.
I hear ya loud and clear and even stated in my first sentence that everyone agrees some of the changes were stupid. Great point about people who actually develop this stuff for a living. I can see how it would drive you even more crazy than the rest of us.