Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I miss driving my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday evening I told my family I was taking the Tesla (Alex Volta) for a walk. I’ve been suffering from acceleration withdrawal.

Anyone else with the same issue.

74AC4D2C-D3A9-439E-BEE1-CF585C18255E.jpeg

I washed mine recently, and as I was sitting in the driver's seat to do some interior cleaning, I thought to myself with slightly surprised amusement, "I miss driving my car." Now, after running the very occasional errand (10-day groceries, e.g.), I take lots of detours on the way home. I've only had my M3 since late December, so I really feel like I was just getting started with it. Also hope to get through my Supercharger miles before they expire at the end of June--although that's looking doubtful these days. Stay safe everyone.

Reactions: Wvapoker
I've missed driving mine too. We do still go to the grocery store, do some gardening at my son's house (he is a county emergency worker and his wife is pregnant; we figure it's safe to visit them outside), and deliver some food to an elderly parent. It's not enough.

Fortunately (! not the word I would normally use here, but these are strange time) before lockdown, my wife got a slow leak in one of the winter tires on her Model X. Tesla Roadside Assistance swapped her to her summer tires, but I needed to get the leaky tire plugged. Today was a nice day and the local tire shop re-opened, so I took her tire in my car...and had them put on my summer tires while I was there. That was fun.

Hmm. It seems the bar for "fun" has changed.

IMG_20200424_131157.jpg

Reactions: Tron 3 and Wvapoker
No biggie, they were over 80 and in the middle of the war zone. It was bound to happen, just worried about my 3 sisters. Get your mask, gloves and cleaning supplies and get out of the house. You don’t have to leave the car and keep your windows up.

Fred

I’m actually driving more, although not by a huge margin. I always commuted to work by metro or bike and ran many errands that way too, so typically I put very few miles on the car (under 3,000 in the first year of ownership). I was also eating out a lot more and stopping on the way home to pick up a few items at the store wasn’t a huge hassle. Sometime 2-3 weeks would go by without me taking out the car.

Now when I head to a grocery store, I’m buying a week or more’s worth of food, so I’m driving there. I’m cooking nearly every meal at home. Transit is really not an option so for essential trips (mostly picking up supplies), I’m driving unless I’m headed something with a few block radius. Although on a daily basis I really don’t need to have a car, I’m certainly glad I have one now!

Once travel restrictions begin to lift, I wonder how comfortable I will be to get on a train or plane and might end up driving myself more than I normally would. We’ll have to see.

@linux-works believe me everywhere we go, we take extra precautions, always double masks and gloves. Lost my dad on April 1st and then my mom on April 20th, both due to covid-19 out of Brooklyn. So the trip into Julian was a nice break.

Fred
I'm sorry man hope you stay safe as well! I work at a hospital and its sad to see people die who can't see their family

Reactions: Transformer
I'm sorry man hope you stay safe as well! I work at a hospital and its sad to see people die who can't see their family
Thanks Kenny, I work at various hospitals also but in a different capacity. Some of the hospitals have like a make shift mash unit outside with white tents and all. I got to see my Dads burial via Zoom and those that were actually there at the cemetery could not go close to the casket but could watch from across the street. Crazy times my friend

Fred

Reactions: shiftkenny