Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I miss freedom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know, I know, COVID and all but we used to go for a weekend away every second weekend. It was one of my joys in life to take the family in the Tesla and explore some (for us) uknown quriky part of the state, stay on an air bnb and make a game of working out what plugshare suggests is a doable interesting route.

I put 25k on the car in the first 6 months since I got it in September last year. I have done 1k since March :(

I know it is a first world problem and I know it is the right things to do to stay covid safe but god damn I miss thoise trips. I miss the wine in front of some fireplace. I miss the time withe the family talking about whatever. I miss the Tesla shewing up hundreds of kms at a time. I miss discovering wonderful windy roads. I miss Tesla owners catch ups where we all geek out about some tweet of Elons.

Gah.

I know, I know, COVID and all but we used to go for a weekend away every second weekend. It was one of my joys in life to take the family in the Tesla and explore some (for us) uknown quriky part of the state, stay on an air bnb and make a game of working out what plugshare suggests is a doable interesting route.

I put 25k on the car in the first 6 months since I got it in September last year. I have done 1k since March :(

I know it is a first world problem and I know it is the right things to do to stay covid safe but god damn I miss thoise trips. I miss the wine in front of some fireplace. I miss the time withe the family talking about whatever. I miss the Tesla shewing up hundreds of kms at a time. I miss discovering wonderful windy roads. I miss Tesla owners catch ups where we all geek out about some tweet of Elons.

Gah.
I share your anguish, but always remind myself the restrictions beat being in hospital with a tube, or the next stage which is even worse. We have driving freedom in SA, which isnt that exciting. But in any case I’m a flyer, and my passport is missing me, and I’m missing my winter escape to the warmth of fiji...and next week to Singapore for the F1, cancelled.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
You give your location as Brisbane... I thought QLDers had very few restrictions - QLD has had only a few spot “outbreaks” (if you can even call them that) of Covid in the last couple of months, all of which have been contained. The only states doing better are WA, TAS, SA where it’s been locally eliminated.

In NSW we are “encouraged” to not undertake “non-essential” travel... but there’s no ban. We have had between 1-20 cases in the community per day for the last 8 weeks. It’s been whack-a-mole stuff for the contact tracers, not eliminating the transmission chains but it’s not getting out of control either (not yet... I hope...).

If it’s any consolation, my Model 3 is just over 8 months old, and has 2756 km on the clock :( just over 10 km per day.

Does it make the news when a family all gets the flu?

Based on numbers of people hospitalised at his age or younger as his kids certainly are their risk of major illness is slim to none.

The media has so grossly misinformed the public that when Franklin-Templeton and Gallup did a poll they found Americans thought those 44 and younger made up 30% of Covid deaths when the actual number is 2.7% decimal is in the right place. Think it was the same study found Americans though 9% of the country had been killed by Covid that would be 30m not 180k.

Let us also recognize that of the 180k Americans who had died as of the other day 5k of those had other issues like accidents and self harm, betting those are weighted the younger group actually inflating the under 44yo numbers.

I have a grandmother that lives with my Aunt who is a teacher, we know that is a soirce of risk. The other day when I dropped garden goodies at a friend's door his 88yo father came out to greet me after being home alone all day. I made efforts to keep distance and even kept track of wind direction so he wasn't downwind of me.

It is i believe 80% of deaths are over 65yo we need to protect those folks, middle aged and younger are at little risk. Let the world function. Give folks the freedom to evaluate their own level of risk and taylor their own behavior.

• Disagree
Reactions: Daemon and MXLRplus
It is i believe 80% of deaths are over 65yo we need to protect those folks, middle aged and younger are at little risk. Let the world function. Give folks the freedom to evaluate their own level of risk and taylor their own behavior.

This is they key takeaway. Unfortunately, the masses are either too dumb or just can’t be bothered to realize this. Hence, the complete shutdowns across the board. In an ideal world, we should all have the freedom to evaluate our own risks and modify behavior accordingly. However, I realized a long time ago, you can’t fix stupid. And theres a whole lot of stupid out there!

Does it make the news when a family all gets the flu?

Based on numbers of people hospitalised at his age or younger as his kids certainly are their risk of major illness is slim to none.

The media has so grossly misinformed the public that when Franklin-Templeton and Gallup did a poll they found Americans thought those 44 and younger made up 30% of Covid deaths when the actual number is 2.7% decimal is in the right place. Think it was the same study found Americans though 9% of the country had been killed by Covid that would be 30m not 180k.

Let us also recognize that of the 180k Americans who had died as of the other day 5k of those had other issues like accidents and self harm, betting those are weighted the younger group actually inflating the under 44yo numbers.

I have a grandmother that lives with my Aunt who is a teacher, we know that is a soirce of risk. The other day when I dropped garden goodies at a friend's door his 88yo father came out to greet me after being home alone all day. I made efforts to keep distance and even kept track of wind direction so he wasn't downwind of me.

The 97% of those that don't die from having Covid19 are very likely to suffer long term and possibly permanent lung, heart and brain damage, I'll restrict my life by a few percentage points to avoid that possibility.

208jh9.gif

• Love

Gah.
The best freedom is freedom you fight for.

Ah, I see what's happened here... someone put the word Freedom so all the American's are invading the Australian thread.

I'm in Melb so we're still at stage 4 restrictions with the 5km from home rule and yep, i'm not enjoying the car but if it takes a few more weeks of lockdown to get closer to zero cases i'm up for that. If you believe in science, research and academia which given you have a Tesla you should, you'll also understand to trust the experts in the field who aren't driven by political agenda's. It's better to take a short sharp pain than an enduring one.

And yeah, its better than ending up like the USA:
COVID-19: Australia and the United States by the numbers — United States Studies Centre

upload_2020-9-4_12-45-58.png

Now.. to wait for the American's to say the stat's aren't real and we can say, correct, it's probably being undercounted.

The stats are absurdly wrong. They record people dying with any coronavirus detected, not people dying from this coronavirus alone.

The US stats are particularly bad because they nationalised healthcare for this virus, and the hospitals get paid more if they declare someone has the virus (whether or not they actually do). And they get paid even more if they're put on a ventilator (whether or not it's clinically necessary).

The stats would look very different if they adjusted it to exclude anyone who is past the life expectancy age, and anyone with a comorbidity such as obesity.

• Informative
The stats are absurdly wrong. They record people dying with any coronavirus detected, not people dying from this coronavirus alone.

The US stats are particularly bad because they nationalised healthcare for this virus, and the hospitals get paid more if they declare someone has the virus (whether or not they actually do). And they get paid even more if they're put on a ventilator (whether or not it's clinically necessary).

The stats would look very different if they adjusted it to exclude anyone who is past the life expectancy age, and anyone with a comorbidity such as obesity.
QBN - your assertions are utterly wrong and completely misinformed. This nonsense is being perpetuated by Alt-Right and similar conspiracy theory websites. If anything, Covid-19 deaths are being underreported. In some jurisdictions, only Covid-19 deaths in hospitals are counted.

You are effectively accusing doctors of falsifying death certificates. Engaging in professional fraud and exposing themselves to medical deregistration and criminal liability. That is unbelievable accusation - based on no facts whatsoever. Where is your evidence for your baseless assertions?

And how did this Australian thread get infected with posts from the USA?

And if you exclude everyone the result is zero

Ah, I see what's happened here... someone put the word Freedom so all the American's are invading the Australian thread.

I'm in Melb so we're still at stage 4 restrictions with the 5km from home rule and yep, i'm not enjoying the car but if it takes a few more weeks of lockdown to get closer to zero cases i'm up for that. If you believe in science, research and academia which given you have a Tesla you should, you'll also understand to trust the experts in the field who aren't driven by political agenda's. It's better to take a short sharp pain than an enduring one.

And yeah, its better than ending up like the USA:
COVID-19: Australia and the United States by the numbers — United States Studies Centre

View attachment 584141

Now.. to wait for the American's to say the stat's aren't real and we can say, correct, it's probably being undercounted.
15 days to slow the spread, right?

Maybe they meant squared.

• Love
Reactions: PC__LoadLetter
The father of a good friend of mine was living a good life in an assisted living complex attached to a nursing home in Melbourne. He died about the same time the current lockdown began. He was active, engaged and enjoying good quality of life, which was stolen from him by Covid-19.
If you are unlucky enough to have this Pandemic touch you or your family you will find it will quickly change your perspective just like it did to “The Rock”.